Another new enlistee. Pumphrey, Brian F.

yojoe.com

Another new enlistee. Pumphrey, Brian F.

Good day all!

I'm new here and figured I should introduce myself.
    I'm as long time fan of GI Joe who's only just decided to actually try and collect for it. Seems like a fun hobby.

2 Things kinda happened in the last month or so that really sparked my interest.

I recently picked up a lot of VHS cartoons for cheap and inside was GI Joe: The Mass Device.
    A great watch I must say.

Then while digging thru the barn at my parents house last week I came upon my old collection. Or whats left of it!

I thought I'd look around online and see what they're worth, but finding this site inspired me to preserve, restore and maybe even add some the crew.
    They're a great little collectible, very posable, interchangeable, easily customized if broken. And they don't take much space (I don't plan on collecting vehicles or anything major)

I also collect old Video Games, and have pondered collecting TMNT (I'm a huge fan of TMNT) but aside from the 4 turtles, every other Toy is just a hunk of ugly plastic.
    I almost starting collecting Joes again when the 25th anniversary ones were out, but they were very hard to find here and I only ever got 4.
    I was really excited about those, but then they just disappeared.

I started collecting Joes in '86, however I got my first one around '84... for some reason I've always had a Major Bludd figure (with brown jungle marine backpack)... vague memory of a cousin leaving it at my house or something.
    But in '86 (I was 5), after playing with a new friend who had GI Joes, I had to have 'em and my sister gave me Dial Tone and the LCV Sled. I collected right up untill 1991, when TMNT took over my life (and then puberty!)

I was going to post a pic of some that I mustered out... but I don't see a way to

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Welcome aboard! The yojoe forums are full of awesome information about the line, and the site is an invaluable reference tool.

Adding pics is somewhat difficult, I would suggest making a shared album in google drive or some other service and posting a link here if you wish to share.

Glad you joined. Collecting GI Joe is great. Please let us know if you have any questions. These forums are great to search for information and some cool stories. Good luck.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What is this Vee Ach Ess you speak? :P

I just use Photobucket:

Oh, except now I see that want $400 per year to let you post your pics on forums. Well **** that. I guess I'm going to look for somewhere else to put them now.
    Last edited by Lifeguard; 06-28-2017 at 06:56 PM.