New Owners For YoJoe.com

yojoe.com

New Owners For YoJoe.com

YoJoe.com has been sold to VerticalScope.

Over time, VS is looking to bring new features and services to the site and to the community. There will be more announcements about that down the road.

Welcome, VerticalScope!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

My name is Li, I am a community manager for Verticalscope Inc, I work with a small team that will continue to manage the webmaster duties for Yojoe.com.

We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us it’s paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Thanks,

Li

Did the help desk get established?

I know activity has changed here, but I'd like to see the post views count reactivated.

That's it, hope you guys keep maintaining the site and all its incredible volumes of valuable and irreplaceable data.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Is there an actual plan for yojoe.com? VerticalScope purchased the site almost 4 years ago come next January (according to the top post). Since then there has been no content update of any kind. The forum is basically dead at this point. There has been and continues to be new products hitting the store shelves yet nothing added to the site. Other websites that deal with specific older toy lines are still thriving yet yojoe.com just exists. As a long time member it is sad to see the state of this website. Could someone offer some sort of an update? Thank you.

There is a plan for the future, but the uniqueness of the software for the database makes it difficult to tackle. Whether a future solution is figuring out a way to make the database compatible and functional again, or a new software that would be created that the info could be transferred to remains to be seen.

What we don't want to happen is the database that exists to be lost. There is too much worth saving. So until we figure out a way to do the above without losing it, we are at a bit of a standstill. The last thing I can say is that we have not forgotten Yojo, but that's really all I can say right now

Kevin
    test

Thank you for the response. It will be a big task preserving the content that has already been collected and move it forward into the future. When you get to a point of wanting to add content that is missing from the website database you may want to reach out here. I think there are still a few of us long time members floating around here from time to time that have submitted content in the past that could help out with future needs. There might even be a few newer members that could offer to help. Hopefully this can become active again and not a forum full of bots and spammers. Good luck and please keep us updated from time to time if you would.