Zap ver 1.0 vs 1.5 torso construction

yojoe.com

Zap ver 1.0 vs 1.5 torso construction

Hello all. I am a new poster here with a question about Zap ver 1 and 1.5.

For some months I have been collecting various body parts in order to create Zap version 1.0. I have all the parts minus the arms, but I do have several straight arm pairs from other figures (IE grunt, Hawk, etc) that "should" fit, as they are basically the same except the color.

Anyway, I have purchased several Zap torsos that were advertised as Zap version 1.0. I have found that all of the arms that I have do NOT fit correctly in any of the Zap torsos. What happens is when I attempt to assemble the figure, there are gaps in between the shoulder seams on the top part of the torso, near the head. I have been repairing GI Joes for years, and this is the only figure where I have run into this issue. I am starting to suspect I have purchased Zap 1.5 torsos, instead of version 1.0.

So, my question is does anyone know if there is a difference between zap torso versions 1.0 VS 1.5?

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Zap version 1 being such a notoriously poorly constructed figure, i'd be surprised if any other arms fit in it correctly. Looking at my straight arm short fuze vs zap v1.5 i see no difference /they share the torso, sadly my v1 Zap is long gone/ i broke his hands shortly after getting him in 1982, was one of the first figs i sold off when i got back into collecting, still wishing i had an original. I suppose best you could do is look over the body construction section in the Zap archive, basically your arms should fit short fuze torso as well.. maybe that would help reference it..
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

The molds for v1 and v1.5 figures ARE different.

Quote Originally Posted by PJDonnell View Post
    would you say V1 short fuze and V1 Zap have same torso ? (different color obviously)// archive indicates they are the same mold. // i am tempted to take mine apart and expermiment...but would rather not
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

Yeah, Short Fuse and Zap have the same torso. But it was retooled for the swivel arm figures. Actually, the torsos are different for thin thumb and thick thumb straight-arm variations as well. The arms won't fit as well if you swap between them.

Quote Originally Posted by PJDonnell View Post
    Thank you for confirming this!