80’s cartoon - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 80’s cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by PJDonnell View Post
    Generally, the Marvel comic continuity is considered the dominant canon.
    Is it because Larry Hama is god?

Is the Transformers Marvel comic continuity also considered the dominant canon. I heard most people do not like it.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It's hard to say! With Transformers, the cartoon was more dominant than the comic. But nowadays, there have been so many reboots and alternate tellings that the biggest concepts in Transformers come from all over, including the Beast Wars cartoon.

US NY or Arizona depending on time of year
    Generally, the Marvel comic continuity is considered the dominant canon.
    I admit I'm rather neutral on that Score but when it comes to Marvel Comic v Sunbow Cartoon and dominant canon you have to factor in the whole Duke/Scarlett/Snake-Eyes debate. the Cartoon had her with Duke (which would be questionable due to rank differences) while the Comics had her with Snake-Eyes.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Duke and Scarlett rolling around on the flight deck is the sexiest moment in GI Joe history. It’s iconic because it was in the pilot episode, the very first episode of GI Joe. That was a powerful scene, my very first memory of GI Joe. It was in the commercial promoting the cartoon.

Lt. Falcon was Duke’s younger half brother, who was going to replace Duke after they killed Duke off in the animated movie. Duke should not be outranked by his younger brother or anyone. He is the commanding offficer of GI Joe.

And what’s with Hasbro always wanting to kill off Duke. Isn’t Duke popular with the fans because he’s the leader of the Joe’s? Duke and Scarlett should have gotten married.

We did not need General Hawk coming in and pushing Duke aside as the leader of GI Joe.

I do have to admit that I did not like Channing Tatum as Duke. He was a horrible choice to play Duke.

It was shown in: Dragonfire.
    I missed watching it. didn't even know there is dragonfire part too. .