G.I.JOE Battleground -ART

yojoe.com

G.I.JOE Battleground -ART

Hello,
    I am new here, but a long time G.I.JOE fan.

I need to say this, A BIG BIG THANKS to the guys that run this SITE !!

This site was my go-to when I wanted to design cards and had to use a toy reference. So thank you guys, for making an awesome site that is great for fans and an awesome point of reference for illustrators like me. A BIG THANKS !

I am Concept artist, and Illustrator. One of the games I worked on was G.I.JOE Battleground. I worked as a senior concept and production artist on the title for its entire run, designing and drawing characters, concepts, themes and tiled maps. It is a matter of pride for me that I designed how the characters looked, and what background they appeared in. I am proud of the fact that I designed 99% of all the legendary cards on GIJOE-BG. And that I Hasbro loved my designs of Billy, Firewall, Robot Cobra Commander and Cobra Dusty. Previously all card designs had to be based on toys, but after submitting these concepts, Hasbro gave a resounding approval and relaxed its rule and allowed us the expanded universe of cartoons and comics.

Now, that I no longer work for DeNA, I am finally able to show off the art of G.I.JOE Battleground.

All in all I drew around 115+ characters, and designed around 200+ more.
    One of my main jobs was line artist, my line work had changed more than over the course of the time I was on the title, while earlier it was tight and a bit graphic, as time progressed, it became looser and a bit sketchy. Hence the variation in the style of line-work between the characters. ( Colour Artists like Jarreau Wimberly coloured my line art into something truly beautiful)

All characters were done digitally, on Cintiq and Photoshop.
    Here are some of the characters that I drew. (I'll post more concepts and sketches if people want to see)

I hope to post more. - See more at: ATOMIC HERMIT: G.I.JOE Battleground line Art

Thankyou.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Dope!!!!!

Thanks for posting!
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Happy we could be a useful resource for you! And thank you so much for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomichermit View Post
    Hello,
    I am Concept artist, and Illustrator. One of the games I worked on was G.I.JOE Battleground. I worked as a senior concept and production artist on the title for its entire run, designing and drawing characters, concepts, themes and tiled maps.

Now, that I no longer work for DeNA, I am finally able to show off the art of G.I.JOE Battleground.

[/URL][/CENTER]
    Needless to say, the art you did was AMAZING! Everyone loved it and I wish it got even more play!
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the kind words.

Just found this tonight, thanks to Skinny.

I'm blown away. Great work!!!

Great Work

Those are great work. Some of them should be use on the cardback art for gi joe. Did you also added the color for the one that appear on the games?

Quote Originally Posted by Atomichermit View Post
    Hello,
    I am new here, but a long time G.I.JOE fan.

I need to say this, A BIG BIG THANKS to the guys that run this SITE !!

This site was my go-to when I wanted to design cards and had to use a toy reference. So thank you guys, for making an awesome site that is great for fans and an awesome point of reference for illustrators like me. A BIG THANKS !

I am Concept artist, and Illustrator. One of the games I worked on was G.I.JOE Battleground. I worked as a senior concept and production artist on the title for its entire run, designing and drawing characters, concepts, themes and tiled maps. It is a matter of pride for me that I designed how the characters looked, and what background they appeared in. I am proud of the fact that I designed 99% of all the legendary cards on GIJOE-BG. And that I Hasbro loved my designs of Billy, Firewall, Robot Cobra Commander and Cobra Dusty. Previously all card designs had to be based on toys, but after submitting these concepts, Hasbro gave a resounding approval and relaxed its rule and allowed us the expanded universe of cartoons and comics.

One of my main jobs was line artist, my line work had changed more than over the course of the time I was on the title, while earlier it was tight and a bit graphic, as time progressed, it became looser and a bit sketchy. Hence the variation in the style of line-work between the characters. ( Colour Artists like Jarreau Wimberly coloured my line art into something truly beautiful)

All characters were done digitally, on Cintiq and Photoshop.
    Here are some of the characters that I drew. (I'll post more concepts and sketches if people want to see)

I hope to post more. - See more at: ATOMIC HERMIT: G.I.JOE Battleground line Art

Thankyou.
    Great job. To bad not in color.