How do you open the Mobile Command Center? Cleaning tips?

yojoe.com

How do you open the Mobile Command Center? Cleaning tips?

I recently got the https://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/87/mobilecommandcenter/ Mobile Command Center and I am embarrassed to admit that I can't figure how to open the darn thing up. I actually broke a piece accidentally trying to do it. Are there any better written instructions or perhaps a video that anyone knows about? Also, it sat in someone's garage uncovered for I don't know how many years and needs some cleaning. I don't want to damage the stickers, any advice on how to safely spruce it up? Thanks! Howie
    Check out my eBay Store here - http://stores.ebay.com/hallliquidations I buy and sell Joes and Cobras all of the time!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Congratulations! The MCC was one of my favorite vehicles as a kid.

As far as opening it, it taks a little finesse sometimes, but ill try to help you out.
    Starting with the top level, you want to lift upwards and backwards (right if you are head-on with the cab) at the same time. It helps if you assist the back leg from under the vehicle as well. The 2nd level can be tricky if your cab is pushed back against it. The molding on the hinge can get stuck on the cab mold. The cab can slide forward about 1/4 in. to allow clearance for the hinge on the level near the cab. If the level begins to twist a little when opening it, just make sure the front opens first. And remember to assist the support leg from under the vehicle.

Hope this helps! If not, let me know and Ill try to make a video of how I open mine for you.

-Dennis

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ARAHfan32 View Post
    Congratulations! The MCC was one of my favorite vehicles as a kid. As far as opening it, it taks a little finesse sometimes, but ill try to help you out. Starting with the top level, you want to lift upwards and backwards (right if you are head-on with the cab) at the same time. It helps if you assist the back leg from under the vehicle as well. The 2nd level can be tricky if your cab is pushed back against it. The molding on the hinge can get stuck on the cab mold. The cab can slide forward about 1/4 in. to allow clearance for the hinge on the level near the cab. If the level begins to twist a little when opening it, just make sure the front opens first. And remember to assist the support leg from under the vehicle. Hope this helps! If not, let me know and Ill try to make a video of how I open mine for you. -Dennis
    Thanks Dennis! I will try your suggestions and tell you how it goes. It's an awesome looking vehicle, wish I had one when I was a kid.
    Check out my eBay Store here - http://stores.ebay.com/hallliquidations I buy and sell Joes and Cobras all of the time!