Identifying Beach Head-like and Steel Brigade-like variants

yojoe.com

Identifying Beach Head-like and Steel Brigade-like variants

I have two figures that I could not find in the database. Looking through the database, I matched parts with other figures and listed them below. The parts have different paint jobs though.

The first figure has a date of 1992 on its leg.
    • Head: Beach Head (1986)
    • Torso: Bullet Proof (1992)
    • Waist: Bullet Proof (1992)
    • Arms: Tunnel Rat (1987)

Here's a pic of the first figure. You can see a larger picture if you click here

The second figure has a date of 1990 on its leg. It looks like Steel Brigade at first, but there are differences.
    • Head: Steel Brigade (1987)
    • Torso: Duke (1983)
    • Waist: Dial Tone (1986)
    • Arms: Dial Tone (1986)

Here's a pic of the second figure. You can see a larger picture if you click here

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Those are just figures that someone assembled from the parts you identified (that's a yellowed Steel Brigade torso on your second figure and Sonic Fighters Dial Tone parts, though).

Quote Originally Posted by PJDonnell View Post
    Those are just figures that someone assembled from the parts you identified (that's a yellowed Steel Brigade torso on your second figure and Sonic Fighters Dial Tone parts, though).
    I'd like to believe it were that simple. These were not picked up from some collector or at a convention where customs might be the norm. These were part of a childhood collection. I doubt that they were taken apart and reassembled. I didn't even find loose body parts in the bin that would verify these were just part swaps.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My brother swapped parts in his childhood collection with friends. Just because there aren't any other body parts to be found doesn't mean they didn't do that.