1984 vntage Cobra Rattler issues

yojoe.com

1984 vntage Cobra Rattler issues

I bought a Rattler off ebay and when i recieved it i noticed that the right fuselage area is a lighter blue then the left. Were any made like this or did i get wripped off and someone molded two different planes together. Im pretty mad about this because the seller said he bought it from an estate sale and theres no way for him to tell if i would be sending him back the plane he sold me so he wont refund the money.And is there ANY possible way to find a rear canopy thats not broken for the rear gunner?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It's tough to say without pictures, but the blue plastic from the early 80's is terrible about discolouring and sun fading with age. You find Cobra troopers and Scrap Iron with different coloured legs and arms on the same figures, as one side discolours and the other doesn't. You might want to post some pics.
    Founder/Owner of OG13.com (A Community for Collectors)
    Owner of OGToys, at www.ogtoys.com/ (we buy and sell toys!)

Quote Originally Posted by darkwise View Post
    It's tough to say without pictures, but the blue plastic from the early 80's is terrible about discolouring and sun fading with age. You find Cobra troopers and Scrap Iron with different coloured legs and arms on the same figures, as one side discolours and the other doesn't. You might want to post some pics.
    It wont allow me to download my pics unfortunetly

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.
    The blue plastic does have a tendency to darken depending on sunlight or environment (smoking) or other things. I have several of the older blue cobra soldiers with a darker chest than back (some are so dark you can barely see the red logo). If you are super picky about it then you can try collecting only afa graded stuff or try collecting the newer figures/vehicles. The 80’s line is over 30 years old (going on 40) and they were made to be played with, so they are much harder to find mint and loose and even harder to keep that way. They really aren’t great as collectibles or investments, so unless you just really like them (which I do) they aren’t great to keep as the plastic also degrades and becomes brittle and you end up putting 2-3 figures or vehicles together to make one decent one. I have bags of spare parts for fixing figures that just break on the display shelf.
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

Hot Dog is 199% correct. Luckily all of my Cobra officers have stayed in really good condition.
    I wouldn't lose any sleep if Fred Durst got shot tommorrow. Kerry King from Slayer

There is a 2008 version of the rattler which has a slightly different shade of blue, it's possible you have mixed parts.

I have a nearly complete Rattler with Weasel just gathering dust sadly. I think all I'm missing are some missiles. Do not really want to part with it, but....