1984 dreadnok Torch

yojoe.com

1984 dreadnok Torch

Hello.I have a Dreadnok Torch that is stamped on the leg as 1984.Your site lists it as 1985 but was possibly designed in 1984 with the old head design.Is this some kind of variant or are they all marked such?Thanks for your time i appreciate it.Also thank you for the website.It has been a god-send.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwolf5 View Post
    Hello.I have a Dreadnok Torch that is stamped on the leg as 1984.Your site lists it as 1985 but was possibly designed in 1984 with the old head design.Is this some kind of variant or are they all marked such?Thanks for your time i appreciate it.Also thank you for the website.It has been a god-send.
    If you take a look at the notes here under v1 Torch's section, it says:"Note that Torch's head only turns left and right - it does not have the head "ball" that allowed a figure's head to swivel back and forth. Other figures from this series had the new head "ball." It's clear that this figure was designed in 1984."Hope that helps.
    Founder/Owner of OG13.com (A Community for Collectors)
    Owner of OGToys, at www.ogtoys.com/ (we buy and sell toys!)

Quote Originally Posted by darkwise View Post
    If you take a look at the notes here under v1 Torch's section, it says:"Note that Torch's head only turns left and right - it does not have the head "ball" that allowed a figure's head to swivel back and forth. Other figures from this series had the new head "ball." It's clear that this figure was designed in 1984."Hope that helps.
    Thank you and i had read that.I guess maybe all the figures have the date stamped 1984 instead of there release date in 1985?Just didn’t know if this was some kind of weird variant or something.Thank you for your help.I appreciate it!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwolf5 View Post
    Thank you and i had read that.I guess maybe all the figures have the date stamped 1984 instead of there release date in 1985?Just didn’t know if this was some kind of weird variant or something.Thank you for your help.I appreciate it!
    You should never ,ever trust a date stamp on a Joe leg. When they reuse the legs for another figure, they typically have the date stamp of the original mold still on the leg. So if you have a figure's legs from 87 that are used for another character in 89, but painted differently, the stamp from the mold will still show 87.
    Founder/Owner of OG13.com (A Community for Collectors)
    Owner of OGToys, at www.ogtoys.com/ (we buy and sell toys!)

Quote Originally Posted by darkwise View Post
    You should never ,ever trust a date stamp on a Joe leg. When they reuse the legs for another figure, they typically have the date stamp of the original mold still on the leg. So if you have a figure's legs from 87 that are used for another character in 89, but painted differently, the stamp from the mold will still show 87.
    I appreciate the help.I will keep that in mind.Thank you!