wish book picture of silver pads straight arm grand slam

yojoe.com

ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.

wish book picture of silver pads straight arm grand slam

can someone post a link to the wishbook picture that had the silver pads grand slam (with straight arms)? at least i think it was a wish book (i think it was an old jc penney christmas catalog) but i've searched and searched and i can't find it. any help would be appreciated. thanks
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

https://www.yojoe.com/action/83/grandslam2.shtml

Check out the Featured In section - he was used in the commercial!

Nice, thanks for sharing!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

hey phil, thanks for the help. that helps (i was trying to get an idea of what the straight armed Grand slam looked like for a custom), but i think the picture i was remembering was from the 82 catalog. my house was severely damaged by some recent storms so i couldn't access my stuff to verify it (but it looks right), i think the actual flyer photo is more clear so that you can actually see his straight arm joints.
    https://www.yojoe.com/catalogs/83/10.shtml

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

Silver pads Grand Slam is 1983

The figures for 1983 and on were swivel arm.Straight arm is 1982 only per the Ultimate Guide to Gi Joe by Mark Bellomo

Quote Originally Posted by Flash1971 View Post
    The figures for 1983 and on were swivel arm.Straight arm is 1982 only per the Ultimate Guide to Gi Joe by Mark Bellomo
    You are correct, but I didn’t ask if there was a production straight arm silver grand slam, I was asking for a photo of a straight arm silver pads grand slam - which does exist. In the catalog photo I linked to above you can see some sort of prototype figure (probably a recolored straight arm orange grand slam). I’ve been collecting the 80s joes for a very long time, so I have all the standard figures and vehicles from 82-92 (and a few after that). When your collection reaches a point like that you tend to get weird about the things you purchase- (like off colored vehicles that were part of obscure non gi joe lines or the black majors figures, or European tiger force stuff).
    I was asking about the figure because I wanted to build one and add it to my collection, I ended up buying a black major laser trooper (silver pads straight arm body) with a grand slam head. It looks nice alongside my jump sets.
    But thank you for the reply, it’s always nice to converse with new people.