So much has changed.

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So much has changed.

I walked away from collecting almost 15 years ago. Just out of curiosity, I used my old username and password and it still works. I feel like Rip Van Winkle.
    "...I am that dog, I am that monster, I am that post-industrial post modern crypto-fascist politically incorrect male cocka-rocka warpig, praise Jesus..." - Kurtz

I hear ya, old timer...
    What happened to your collection? And what brought you back?

Welcome back from the abyss. I started collecting in 95 and have most of my collection. Tried to sell it a couple times and didn't get offers anywhere close to what I was wanting. I am really glad it didn't sell. I love sitting in my Joe room and reminiscing about the carefree childhood days. Hope you get back in.

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I sold 99% of my collection which included GI Joe, Star Wars, comics and various stuff to help my son buy his first car and help with his first year college expenses. No regrets whatsoever. I do have a handful of modern era figures that i display but other than that. my collection is gone.

No reason to come back other than mild curiosity.
    "...I am that dog, I am that monster, I am that post-industrial post modern crypto-fascist politically incorrect male cocka-rocka warpig, praise Jesus..." - Kurtz

Me too! I have been off of here for a very long time too! Miss talking to you guys.
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

I do come back every year or so. I put all of my figures back together during the shutdown in March and they are all back in their boxes.
    I wouldn't lose any sleep if Fred Durst got shot tommorrow. Kerry King from Slayer

Same!

PULSE CHECK!

Hey, this is out of left field and not meant to be rude - but is there like an epitaph thread somewhere or what? I know the site got bought a few years ago, you can read about that in the News forum.

Where did people migrate to? I'm on tfw2005.com and a little bit hisstank.com (yes yes, I know that last one used to be the competition but come on that was over 10 years ago). I know General's Joes made a podcast, and Timmer still makes his cool YouTube videos. Then of course there are the socials... Facebook has the cosplay page and 84-00 collectors, and 00-present collectors in various groups.

Yoseph Joseph!

Quote Originally Posted by cageyJG View Post
    Same!

PULSE CHECK!

Hey, this is out of left field and not meant to be rude - but is there like an epitaph thread somewhere or what? I know the site got bought a few years ago, you can read about that in the News forum.

Where did people migrate to? I'm on tfw2005.com and a little bit hisstank.com (yes yes, I know that last one used to be the competition but come on that was over 10 years ago). I know General's Joes made a podcast, and Timmer still makes his cool YouTube videos. Then of course there are the socials... Facebook has the cosplay page and 84-00 collectors, and 00-present collectors in various groups.

Yoseph Joseph!
    Facebook for me. I'm in a bunch of Joe groups including a couple that are vintage focused and quite big.

In regards to cageyJG's question, I haven't migrated anywhere. If I do, it'll probably be to another forum since I prefer them and don't have any social media accounts. I do most of my online socializing via email these days with friends and people who stumble upon my websites. Forums and emails are more my speed. Unfortunately, no one I know shares my interest in collecting Joes. I really miss the people and activity here.