Repro weapons

yojoe.com

Thread: Repro weapons

Repro weapons

So I've been looking for a Zartan pistol to complete my figure. I went on eBay and saw this:https://www.ebay.com/itm/REPRO-1984-...AOSwm5NdkRJsIt got me thinking ... is there really a way to tell repro weapons from originals? I mean, they're so tiny to begin with. Kinda makes me worried about some of my other "complete" figures if their weapons are repros or not. Any input would be appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

As someone who did most of my collecting before the big repro boom, I have yet to see a repro that wasn’t pretty obvious (in person) due to either color or plastic quality. I can pretty easily distinguish between original accessories and anything produced later.

That being said, it is very difficult to tell from auction pictures. Also, I have been out of the game for a while now so my anecdotal experience may differ from others more current in buying and selling.

For me, I don’t really care. I don’t think toys will be a good investment, so if I can get enjoyment out of it I don’t really care if it is a repro, but I certainly don’t want to pay diamond prices for cubic zirconium.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

I saw these available as well, I wonder who is producing them?
    Up, down, over and through, back around the joke's on you....

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.
    like a lot of people that seller has bought from me in the past, he seems genuine and his molds look pretty good. i don't want to critique anyone though. but no that's not me, i'm retired from that. there is at least one ebay seller though who has made molds from parts i sold him in the past and he sells those and overall they look like crap. bluesnagman (the seller in the above auction) is not that guy.
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys