Vehicle and Parts discoloration seen on Grey colored items

yojoe.com

Vehicle and Parts discoloration seen on Grey colored items

Hi, I just joined forum today and was hoping someone might have an answer on this issue. I dug through old storage bins of GI Joes I have from the 80's and found some of the grey colored ones showing very obvious discoloration signs. Others showed nothing, but I have two for reference (tail end of a Vindicator and a wall piece from the HQ). Both have some of the original grey coloring but then a new discoloration is showing up (almost like a yellowing). Anyone know what causes that and if its "fixable"? Items were stored in plastic container bins with alike items, some wrapped in newspaper, some in ziplock bags, and some just open... both of these items were not wrapped. I was going to post picture but apparently you can't post a picture in these threads (or at least I don't have permissions). Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hello. Without the photo quite difficult to understand what you are talking about. Maybe you will use other online sourced and share the photo here?

With pictures

I still can't figure out how people post pictures on this forum, it says Posting pictures are disabled for me (FAQ and Forum rules I read don't mention any issues with posting pictures, so not sure why I'm not seeing it). Here's a link to my pictures on another site, not sure if this will work or not:https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9eob38xuc...54.38.jpg?dl=0

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

solution

that is a very common problem on old joes. grey turns yellow-green,its not anything you did or didn't do this happens sometimes. solution: retro-bright will reverse the damage but be warned, on grey you can get a condition called star bursts where the green yellow turns white and you end up with a grey toy covered in white spots. best to use salon40 and check to piece being restored ever 10 minuets , if white spots start to appear,stop the process.

Salon40

Quote Originally Posted by cuda70gt View Post
    that is a very common problem on old joes. grey turns yellow-green,its not anything you did or didn't do this happens sometimes. solution: retro-bright will reverse the damage but be warned, on grey you can get a condition called star bursts where the green yellow turns white and you end up with a grey toy covered in white spots. best to use salon40 and check to piece being restored ever 10 minuets , if white spots start to appear,stop the process.
    I'm not familiar with Salon40 though I see it on Amazon for like $20. How do you use it for a situation like this (just rub it on or soak it or something else)?