\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n New to the Site and Looking for Some Advice\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n Hello,After years of saying I was going to do it I finally got down to cleaning off my old Joes. Simply put: I\'m hoping to put together a collection that reminds me of my childhood. Questions abound and I\'m looking to see if anyone has advice on how to start and where I might be able to find leads to the vintage Joes of the 80s-90s. Here\'s where I stand:- I\'ve catalogued my figures- Addressed changes needed to be made to broken figures (o-rings)- Pursued sites to start collectingIn searching I wanted to make sure that items listed as VINTAGE on eBay were not, in fact, 25th Anniversary Joes. Are there differences? Any advice would be much appreciated.Thanks and stay safe!Junkyard\'s_FrontyardBoston,MA\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; pd[905650] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Big Boa\'s punching bag 26\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Big Boa\'s punching bag 26 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Big Boa\'s punching bag 26\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n If you haven\'t already I recommend joining the Facebook group GI Joe ARAH 1982-1994. Most collectors use that forum nowadays compared to these message boards. Good luck with your collection. As for your question regarding the difference in vintage and 25th there is indeed a noticeable difference. Biggest change is no o-ring and a lot of added detail and articulation, you won\'t mistake the two.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Last edited by Big Boa\'s punching bag 26; 08-05-2020 at 12:45 PM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    Ouch! Watch the face
    \n
    \n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[905656] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #3\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n jaws8817\r\n \r\n
    \r\n jaws8817 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n There are several groups on Facebook. Try Marketplace too. I found a guy who needed money near me and got some great deals...some I didn’t know I wanted either! Be sure to pick up the Ultimate Guide to GI Joe book. It goes hand in hand with this site and you can read and see all about the toys by year. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1440248796..._kr1kFbM3T8HNZ\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[905616] = "905656,905650"; pn[0] = ",905616"; pn[905650] = "905616,905656"; pn[905656] = "905650,905616"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[131196] = "Junkyard\\\'s_Frontyard"; pu[2165] = "Big Boa\\\'s punching bag 26"; pu[128044] = "jaws8817"; // -->

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New to the Site and Looking for Some Advice

Hello,After years of saying I was going to do it I finally got down to cleaning off my old Joes. Simply put: I'm hoping to put together a collection that reminds me of my childhood. Questions abound and I'm looking to see if anyone has advice on how to start and where I might be able to find leads to the vintage Joes of the 80s-90s. Here's where I stand:- I've catalogued my figures- Addressed changes needed to be made to broken figures (o-rings)- Pursued sites to start collectingIn searching I wanted to make sure that items listed as VINTAGE on eBay were not, in fact, 25th Anniversary Joes. Are there differences? Any advice would be much appreciated.Thanks and stay safe!Junkyard's_FrontyardBoston,MA