2020 GI Joe Retro Collection (Wal-Mart) - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    There's good things about collecting vintage like there being a finite number of figures to collect. GI Joe has become like Star Wars over the years with too many updates. It's the main reason why I stopped collecting the 6” line a few figures in. With the Walmart retro line, I used it like a salad bar to pick and choose things to add to my existing 25th collection.

Hasbro has brought back o-ring Joes if you didn't know. I think the prices are ridiculous, especially after factoring in tax and shipping. They have to be ordered from the Hasbro Pulse website. I got the SE and SS pack and I pre-ordered the Cobra Trooper and Officer one. Here's a pic of my SE and SS, albeit not a very good one, but it shows the figures well enough. I think they're really nice.

I'm in for a couple of the Skystriker sets. And I want the Duke and Cobra Commander set because they are cartoon colored. But I can't pay those prices for the other two 2-packs. I have so many Troopers, Storm Shadows, and Snake Eyes I can't justify the price. I also wanted the HISS transformer with Baroness, but it's sold out. Oddly enough the Duke set is the one announced thing that hasn't been up for sale yet. I do hope for more cartoon inspired 2-packs.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    I'm in for a couple of the Skystriker sets. And I want the Duke and Cobra Commander set because they are cartoon colored. But I can't pay those prices for the other two 2-packs. I have so many Troopers, Storm Shadows, and Snake Eyes I can't justify the price. I also wanted the HISS transformer with Baroness, but it's sold out. Oddly enough the Duke set is the one announced thing that hasn't been up for sale yet. I do hope for more cartoon inspired 2-packs.
    The Skysriker looks amazing. But, between the cost and having a couple from the 30th line, I'm not inclined to get one. I want the Duke and CC pack, as well, but more for the nostalgia for those sculpts since I no longer have the originals. I'm assuming it'll go up for per-order after the Trooper and Officer pack ships. I would like the Baroness figure, but I'm not that interested in the Megatron HISS. It's possible that it might go up for sale again. The SE and SS pack sold out a few times and then where available again.
    Last edited by Alchemist; 04-03-2022 at 12:12 PM.