\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Exclamation Worst Nightmare... Please help\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n Brace yourself.
\n
\nI had a complete 3 3/4 collection from 1982 to 1992. The collection was carefully packed and stored in my mother\'s garage. My goal was to either open a vintage toy museum/gift shop near Travis Air Force Base, I was aiming to open shop 2035. The LNU wildfires threatened my mother\'s house. Fires missed us by less than 10 miles. Her insurance company wanted me to photo document my collection. I dug out the collection back in October. The collection was ravaged. Someone replaced packed boxes with newspapers and books. Other boxes were just various pieces. Dream gone. I need to move on. Shit happens.
\n
\nWhat\'s left? Yes, Current collection includes SS FLAGG, Cobra Terror Dome, original MOBAT and many more.
\n
\nWhere is the best place to sell?\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; pd[905864] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n MacDowin\r\n \r\n
    \r\n MacDowin is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Administrator\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n MacDowin\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by Karatejohn\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    Brace yourself.
    \n
    \nI had a complete 3 3/4 collection from 1982 to 1992. The collection was carefully packed and stored in my mother\'s garage. My goal was to either open a vintage toy museum/gift shop near Travis Air Force Base, I was aiming to open shop 2035. The LNU wildfires threatened my mother\'s house. Fires missed us by less than 10 miles. Her insurance company wanted me to photo document my collection. I dug out the collection back in October. The collection was ravaged. Someone replaced packed boxes with newspapers and books. Other boxes were just various pieces. Dream gone. I need to move on. Shit happens.
    \n
    \nWhat\'s left? Yes, Current collection includes SS FLAGG, Cobra Terror Dome, original MOBAT and many more.
    \n
    \nWhere is the best place to sell?
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss. They might simply be material items, but they can grow to mean so much to us. I as well lost most of my collection back in 2016. We always have the memories and sometimes the items that remain become that much more special and transcend monetary value. Your idea of a toy shop/museum sound wonderful.
    \n
    \nHowever, to answer your question more specifically and because you have higher value items, eBay would be my first suggestion because of the financial protections in place. If you are not comfortable with eBay and you have a Facebook account, you can try this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/arah82to94/ There are over 18,000 members. Facebook groups are a little more risky, but many more good transactions have been completed than naught. Finally the last suggestion would be the YoJoe For Sale forum. It\'s not as busy as it use to be so it could take awhile to sell. Again, like Facebook, financial transactions are between you and the buyer.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    -' + '-
    \r\nYo*Joe Forever!
    \r\nMacDowin
    \r\n
    \r\nPlease check out my channel and subscribe:
    \r\nYouTube ~~~ https://www.youtube.com/c/macdowin
    \r\nTwitter ~~~~ https://twitter.com/macdowin
    \r\nInstagram ~~ https://www.instagram.com/macdowin/
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[905900] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #3\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n SpeedRacer350\r\n \r\n
    \r\n SpeedRacer350 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Newbie\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I\'m so sorry to hear this. I know how you feel. My entire collection was stolen shortly after I moved to California 7 years ago. But I\'m wondering how this happened in your Mother\'s home. How could a thief have had time to repack everything? Please share the story.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[905934] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #4\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Karatejohn\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Karatejohn is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Newbie\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Man! Sorry for your loss!
    \n
    \nFour family members stored items at her house. My mom had a newspaper delivery service, for decades. I went away for college in spring 1997. When I came home from college, only one family member remained. Items in the garage were moved; however, my boxes. Boxes were the best of their time (including 386sx computer and Mitsubishi VCR+).
    \nThe first couple of boxes contained newspapers on the top. Newspapers were dated spring 1997. Phone books same timeline. My small but intact Star Wars Episode 1 collection is intact. That collection was 1999.
    \n
    \nThis past October my family and I pulled out the boxes to document my collection. LNU wildfires threatened my mom\'s house. The sky was red for three days. We had to worry about her possibly losing her house and catching CoVID in an evacuation center. Her insurance company needed update of all assets, in case she loses the house. That\'s when I discovered ravaged boxes of parts, newspapers and phone books.
    \n
    \nI\'ve a few more vehicles to put together (as much as possible). I\'m photoing the remains and storing on a Google drive. The photos paint a very bad story.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[905862] = "905934,905864"; pn[0] = ",905862"; pn[905864] = "905862,905900"; pn[905900] = "905864,905934"; pn[905934] = "905900,905862"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[131980] = "Karatejohn"; pu[1779] = "MacDowin"; pu[129868] = "SpeedRacer350"; // -->

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Worst Nightmare... Please help

Brace yourself.

I had a complete 3 3/4 collection from 1982 to 1992. The collection was carefully packed and stored in my mother's garage. My goal was to either open a vintage toy museum/gift shop near Travis Air Force Base, I was aiming to open shop 2035. The LNU wildfires threatened my mother's house. Fires missed us by less than 10 miles. Her insurance company wanted me to photo document my collection. I dug out the collection back in October. The collection was ravaged. Someone replaced packed boxes with newspapers and books. Other boxes were just various pieces. Dream gone. I need to move on. Shit happens.

What's left? Yes, Current collection includes SS FLAGG, Cobra Terror Dome, original MOBAT and many more.

Where is the best place to sell?