Starting a MIB Collection 82-85 - Need some help/advice

yojoe.com

Starting a MIB Collection 82-85 - Need some help/advice

Good Morning guys and gals! I am starting to try and round out my collection and hunting some MIB vehicles from the early years, 82-85. Does anyone have any ideas on tracking them down other than Ebay?

I'm hunting the following;

MOBAT
    VAMP
    APC
    HISS
    DRAGONFLY
    HEADQUARTERS
    SKYSTRIKER
    POLAR BATTLE BEAR
    ZARTAN-SWAMP SKIER
    RATTLER
    WHALE
    SHARC

I'm only going back to track down the items I had when i was growing up. I am rather new to this so any help would be appreciated. I know these are not cheap or easy to come by so I come prepared and ready to learn.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Heelz2315 View Post
    Good Morning guys and gals! I am starting to try and round out my collection and hunting some MIB vehicles from the early years, 82-85. Does anyone have any ideas on tracking them down other than Ebay?

I'm hunting the following;

MOBAT
    VAMP
    APC
    HISS
    DRAGONFLY
    HEADQUARTERS
    SKYSTRIKER
    POLAR BATTLE BEAR
    ZARTAN-SWAMP SKIER
    RATTLER
    WHALE
    SHARC

I'm only going back to track down the items I had when i was growing up. I am rather new to this so any help would be appreciated. I know these are not cheap or easy to come by so I come prepared and ready to learn.
    I've had great luck finding things on Facebook in GI Joe groups. Try https://www.facebook.com/groups/TradeYerJoes and mention you're from the yojoe.com post.

Why do people have to abbreviate the most important part of a post? I don't know what MIB is, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer350 View Post
    Why do people have to abbreviate the most important part of a post? I don't know what MIB is, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
    MIB = Mint In Box. It's literally the first abbreviation you should learn as a toy collector, along with MOC (Mint On Card)

Out of curiosity... What were you expecting to find in the MOC/MISB forum?

I'll never understand MIB collectors. Just display an empty box, it's basically the same thing. Unless you're operating a museum? Who has the money for a $1000 toy to sit unopened? That guy who bought thousands of Snow Serpents?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ZufallX View Post
    MIB = Mint In Box. It's literally the first abbreviation you should learn as a toy collector, along with MOC (Mint On Card)

Out of curiosity... What were you expecting to find in the MOC/MISB forum?
    cool. thanks.

1) I was in a mega bad mood when I wrote that.
    2) I got a link to it in my email, so I didn't specifically seek out that forum.
    3) All I could think of was Men In Black, so I imagined modding all those in black and was intrigued.