Do you like your job?

yojoe.com

View Poll Results: Do you like your job?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES ~ I cant complain!!

16 40.00%
  • Yes ~ but I am underpaid

8 20.00%
  • No ~ but I am paid well

8 20.00%
  • NO ~ its a living nightmare

8 20.00%
  • Unemployed at the moment...

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Do you like your job?

Public Poll question
    if you wanna expound be my guest

PLUS what is it you do that makes it great, good, fair or like heck
    Last edited by The Faceless Master; 06-13-2006 at 05:30 PM.
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If the results weren't public maybe.....
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

Right now I'm reading hydro metres in Haldimand County around Hamilton. Gas is killing me though. Days are long....and then there are other issues. I'm pretty sure I hate it.

Talking

I have a BS in chemistry but I don't like working in a lab or really anything to do with it. Therefore, I work at a restaurant as a waiter, bartender, and shiftleader. I hope to advance to manager rather quickly. I've moved up fast so far. I love interacting with the people and think that it's a great job.

I"m an Electrician... I work for my father's company and it gets pretty interesting.. Paycheques ain't too bad either.
    The Call of Chaos
    It's a toll-free, long distance call from the warp.

Zinthos.

I do like my job and I am paid pretty fairly, but probably should be making a bit more. But I can't say that I don't have complaints. I think things could operate a lot better than they do. I am personally getting a little burnt out on it mostly because of how busy we have been lately. I guess my biggest gripe is that none of my immediate co-workers have the work eithic that they should. They will do things like forget the right way to do something and do it their own way, call in when they just don't feel like coming to work or constantly take days off that could be avoided if they planned better outside of work. It's frustrating being being the guy that tries to do things the right way but no one else cares to. :/

I'm happy at the moment. I am an intern architect. After the big boys in Boston let me take my last exams I will be able to remove the intern part. I was a director of information technology but quit because I got sick of my phone ringing at 2 in the morning because the human resources person hired non MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) people to fill the night shift.

Civil engineer project manager - hate the current position, love the paycheck.

It'll all get better once I clear out the five years worth of idiot mistakes made by the previous managers here. 91% done and counting.

Well I have the job that I feel should be manditory by law for at least a 30 day period, waiting tables.

Some days it is the greatest job in the world. Cash in your pocket, meeting cool people, making over 20 percent of your sales.

But some days however you average 10% after giving 5% of your sales to bussers and bar. Waiting on people that feel they are the only ones in the building filled with 200 others. Kitchens mess up food and guest assume its your fault. 60 hour work weeks, and always work the holidays.

Its not all bad the only advise I would give is to try to treat people the way you would treated.

Ok off of the soap box now

jason

I love my job, I love the people I work with, I love the people that call in. What I hate is the stress and being overwhelmed by the sheer volume of work.

...but that's what happens when you support 2000+ PC's in 25 states with a support staff of 4 and a shoestring IT budget