Starting A Collection

yojoe.com

Starting A Collection

Glad to have found this group and hoping someone can help me out. I'm wanting to collect the GI Joes that I had as a kid. These would be from the early to mid 80's. Can someone advise on the best way to start collecting again? What are the essential GI Joes that every collection needs? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

the only essential joes ae the ones you had as a kid, wanted as a kid, or speak to you or your kids.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemortysnerdshed View Post
    the only essential joes are the ones you had as a kid, wanted as a kid, or speak to you or your kids.
    i agree... get the Joes you want or like most.. maybe figure out an "army builder" Cobra type of figure you like and get a group of them to pose up against your Joe team... it doesnt matter who but it is always fun to have an "army" of cobras to face your GI JOE team
    ill add the obvious ebay is a great place to start looking, also the ads on this website will send you to some decent places to find more as well as the for sale section here althogh that is not so busy anymore..
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What the others said. Browse through the yojoe database and see which figures you remember as a kid. It was easier for me because I had all my childhood toys still intact, so I started by buying the figures and vehicles I always wanted as a kid but never got. Eventually I expanded that to completing the series of each year. I did skip over vehicles that didn't appeal to me. And I stopped with 1991. After that the garish colors and silly designs didn't interest me.