Wild Weasel V4 & V3 / Strato-Viper

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tiline, Livingston Co., KY, USA, N. Amer., Earth, Sol Sys., Milky Way, Universe

Lightbulb Wild Weasel V4 & V3 / Strato-Viper

Now that the new Wild Weasel V4 has come out, what are you doing with your Wild Weasel V3's?
    I'm using them as Strato-Vipers.
    Of course, Wild Weasel, the character, is an individual. One that rose from the ranks proving himself to be the best pilot of all. A Crimson Elite, if you will. Hence, his uniform color. He's not really supposed to be used as an army builder. It would seem most logical that he rose from the ranks of Strato-Vipers. It's possible that he could have come from the A.V.A.C.'s, though. His uniform kind of resembles both. I know his first figure was released, in `84, before the Strato-Viper and A.V.A.C. figures were released, in `86. However, it would still stand to reason that he came from one of these units.
    Thus, to me, Wild Weasel is a...no, wait..."the" only Crimson Strato-Viper in existence.
    So, who else is using the Wild Weasel V3 figures as Strato-Vipers? If you're not doing that, then what are you using them as?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Whenever I first acquired the Night Adder and WW. I always thought the figure was an updated version of the Strato-Viper. Especially now with the repainted WW in this current wave. After all I had to explain to myself why I had soo many due to all the Night Adders.

I don't have v4 yet so right now I'm using v3 as Wild Weasel but when and if I get v4 I'll still use both as WW only v4 will be WW during Crimson guard brigades and squadrons.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

All I know is that we desperately need a new version of Strato-Viper.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange
    All I know is that we desperately need a new version of Strato-Viper.
    Most definitely. A new AVAC (non BTR), Vapor, and any other cobra pilot would be great. Especially with a new Cobra aircraft that could match up with the Thunderwing. Would be an added bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Matrix
    Most definitely. A new AVAC (non BTR), Vapor, and any other cobra pilot would be great. Especially with a new Cobra aircraft that could match up with the Thunderwing. Would be an added bonus.

Amen.

There is not a single aircraft in the Cobra arsenal (past or present) that could even hope to challenge the F-22 Thunderwing in aerial combat.

How about a new Cobra fighter (piloted by Strato-Viper, of course) loosely based on the Russian MiG 1.42, Sukhoi S-37, or the Eufofighter?

That would be friggen awesome!

I would absolutely love to see a Cobra Jet fashioned after the Russian Mig. Piloted by a Strato Viper would just be icing on the cake.

I've always used the latest mold of WW as Strato Vipers... got 10 of them. They're temporarily flying COBRA modified SkySweeper jets until COBRA gets an actual plane that doesnt have scales on it.

By the way, if you are wondering what the MiG 1.42 prototype looks like, here it is:

http://www.suchoj.com/andere/MiG-MFI/riss/1.44_02.jpg

http://www.globalaircraft.org/photos.../mig-142_2.jpg

Seeing one of those Migs in Cobra colors would be a dream come true. Come on Hasbro!