GI Joe Ranks (Updated) - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    http://http://joes.propadeutic.com/grades.html

This link shows the joes by branch of service.

Many of them are sort of questionable though. (Are all mega marines, marines?)

Also, a few joes are left out. Hollowpoint is a Marine, but not on their chart.
    Check out my weekly webcomic: cy-boar updated every Thursday!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Graz73
    http://joes.propadeutic.com/grades.html

This link shows the joes by branch of service.

Many of them are sort of questionable though. (Are all mega marines, marines?)

Also, a few joes are left out. Hollowpoint is a Marine, but not on their chart.

That link doesn't work. I just get a page saying that it could not be found.

Anywho, thanks for posting it, at least I know there is a source to find out their branches.

*-EDIT-I think I realized why it wasn't working. The http:// was on there twice.

I also agree that it isn't completly accurate. Like you said, Hollowpoint is a Marine, and Clutch, being an original Joe, was Army (although, he does note that possability on the list)
    Last edited by Blackjack; 11-10-2004 at 02:51 AM.

Again(not trying to kiss up to them), the DD Battle files list joes under their respective branches as well. I know not all the joes are on the list but it's a start.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Good job, man. Nice work!

Updated to reflect info from the folks over at NTI's message boards, involving Wet-Down's W-5 rank, and the ranks listed in the Battle Files Character Bios.

Thumbs up

Fantastic job, very impressive! I admire the amount of work that took.

Now try to rank the Cobras

Hehe. . .j/k!

-PJ

Question

By the way, how many individual characters is that?

I tried to count but my dog keeps jumping in my face.

Why is Ice Cream Soldier on the list?

Edit: OMG!!! He's a good guy! All these years I thought he was a Cobra!

-PJ
    Last edited by Obiwanjacoby; 11-10-2004 at 11:39 PM. Reason: had to check info on YoJoe. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwanjacoby
    By the way, how many individual characters is that?

-PJ
    190 individual characters. I have counted the Mercer figures as two different characters, since they each had a different file name. Same goes for the Lifeline figure from 2001. Since he had a different real name than all the other Lifeline figures, he is counted as an individual.

Soon to be 191, since the new General Flagg figure is supposed to be the original Flagg. I just don't know his rank.

What's in a name?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack
    190 individual characters. I have counted the Mercer figures as two different characters, since they each had a different file name.
    Ya know, at first I thought that they were different guys. But both file cards say that he defected from Cobra, so they have to be the same guy, don'tcha think? What are the odds of two Cobra Vipers defecting to the Joes, and both of them picking the rather obvious code name "Mercer"?

Maybe "Felix P. Straton" changed his name to "Richard S. Cecil" as some sort of witness protection-type thing, to hide his identity from Cobra. Or maybe to "start over", put the past behind him and start things anew. Either way, I think they're the same guy despite two different file names, but that's just my humble opinion
    Last edited by Robot Rabbit; 11-11-2004 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Used < > instead of [ ], so I had to fix 'em.

Yeah, I always hought they were they same guy. There are things on the file card that suggest they are they same guy, such as the line "Mercer was the only Cobra Viper to defect to GI Joe" (If they are different people, this line would only work on Straton's file card, since he was the only one at the time. But it doesn't work on Cecil's file card, since he wouldn't be the ONLY one, if Straton had already done so before him)

As well as things that suggest they are different guys; File name, Rank, and the fact Felix P. Straton was one of Sergeant Slaughter's Renegades, where Richard S. Cecil was a member of Slaughter's Murauders.

Of course, this could have been Hasbro's way of giving a cool character a second chance, while distancing him from the movie. (I mean, the idea of a Cobra Viper joining GI Joe is a cool one, despite his first appearence in the cartoon being in the same movie as Cobra-La)

Either way, he is listed on the list for both figures, just in case collecters choose to treat them as different characters.

If they are indeed supposed to be the same person, I wish they would have given us updated versions of Taurus and Red Dog as well. The Mercer V2 figure was far better than V1, at least in my opinion.
    Last edited by Blackjack; 11-11-2004 at 02:37 PM.