Won the Battle Action Force Annual 1986.

yojoe.com

Won the Battle Action Force Annual 1986.

What can I expect? It has Joes on the cover, anyone know what kind of stories are inside?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The Battle Action force annuals have two or three self-contained action force stories, photos of the toyline and other stories from the battle comic which are world war 2 based.

Be prepared for culture shock though. The action force characters are completely different than their GI Joe personas, the stories are more violent, and there are 'greenshirts' aplenty.

I know. I've read some on blood for the baron. I wasn't really familiar with the annuals though.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well then it's more of the same but all the stories are self-contained and there are pictures of the toys.

Updated

I got it yesterday. Some really good stories. What's up with all the WWII stories? They're cool, but they seem to take the focus off of Action Force.

Hey jcast, Battle comic ran from 08 March 1975 to 23 January 1988, being predominately a War comic, and was widely regarded as the sister comic to the futuristic 2000AD. The title spawned many epic titles such as Charley's War and Johnny Red, a concise history of the comic can be found here:

http://fanboy.frothersunite.com/battle.html

The Action Force stories were printed at the tail-end of their run with the majority of the Battle strip being reprints from their heyday. My BFTB torrent contains the entire collection including annuals, summer specials and rarities.
    Last edited by The Baron; 04-06-2005 at 12:21 PM.

The Baron is back.