Need help for repairing an orig Zartan.

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Need help for repairing an orig Zartan.

O-rings.

Hey we all know they break,and with Home Depot's plumbing department,relatively easy to replace,that is except on My Zartan.

His upper half seems to be glued together,1st is that common?
    2nd how do I get it apart without major damage?

Tips?
    Hints?
    Suggestions?
    Any imput is helpful,I'd like to fix the poor guy.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

mines the same way, they did his mold diffrent and so he doesnt have an o ring and his waist doesnt bend.

I'm pretty sure mine had an O-Ring,it rotted and broke that's why his legs don't stay on.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Exclamation

V 1 Zartan does have an o-ring. I am not familiar with any Zartan without one.

For old skool Zartan, Zandar and Zarana repair:

1. Bring a pot of water to a steady boil.

2. Take out the back screw

3. Throw the figure into the boiling water for a minute or so (don't worry about over boiling)

4. Pull the figure out (Be careful it will be hot!) and slowly pry it apart with a knife or screwdriver.

5. Feel free to put it back into the water to soften it up more if needed.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

My Zartan's O ring broke, too. I didn't use the boiling water method, though. I was a little crazy. I removed the screw, then I took an Exacto blade and dug into the seams until I was able to pry his body apart. Luckily nothing broke. I don't recommend trying my method.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    My Zartan's O ring broke, too. I didn't use the boiling water method, though. I was a little crazy. I removed the screw, then I took an Exacto blade and dug into the seams until I was able to pry his body apart. Luckily nothing broke. I don't recommend trying my method.
    Yeah, that is a little dangerous and could lead to cutting yourself badly. Boiling it softens it up and will make your work a lot easier.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

Thanks Doc! Man,ever considered changing your name to answer man?

I'll give that a try when I get home.

Hm,boiling never woulda thought of that.

here you go buddy. straight from the archives

An unusual side effect of the color changing torso is that Zartan's torso is molded into one piece instead of two halves. Ordinarily, the two halves of a G.I.Joe figure's torso is held together by a screw in the figure's back. However, the two halves of Zartan's torso are molded together. Removing the screw has no effect on the figure.

if im wrong i appologize.

whoa i didnt see the responses. i guess i was wrong

Question

Doesn't the V2 Storm shadow have no screws in the back too? How do you open it?