DD GIJoe Comic Series Ending?!!!

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DD GIJoe Comic Series Ending?!!!

http://brandonjerwa.proboards24.com/...num=1101333439

This interview does not sound good. Is there really a decline in comic sales? I thought the GIJoe comic was doing really well.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't think ending it is the case.He seems to be saying that certain things that had been discussed,and epected may not happen.

Personnally I could do without some of the expansion books.Like Reloaded,and Joe/Transformers.

People only have so much money,and splitting those expansion books force people to chose which book they want,and cost the makers to produce both.

I don't mind the ocassional limited series,such as M&A.But the continued production of new books is too taxing on my wallet,and their budget.

Perhaps a quarterly book would be a better idea? As a companion to the regular series.Look at it this way in a year release the regular monthly book,4 quarterly,and a 4 issue mini,all focused on the main story,or branched from it.That would be pretty cool!

You know, I'm not a fan of the DD series and even the Marvel run had it's up & downs.

But all in all, I think Brandon has a good head on his shoulders. He knows when the series is headed in the wrong direction and listens to lack of fan response.

Let's face it. Some of us are so desperate for a Joe comic, we'll do anything to support it regardless of quality. I was like that during the first few issues of the DD series, then woke up. Don't get me wrong, I kept coming back every now & then to see if it had improved any (it hadn't). I didn't want it to be a bad book, it just turned out that way

Here's hoping Brandon can breathe new life into it.

-PJ
    Last edited by Obiwanjacoby; 11-25-2004 at 12:51 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by yojoeshow
    http://brandonjerwa.proboards24.com/...num=1101333439

This interview does not sound good. Is there really a decline in comic sales? I thought the GIJoe comic was doing really well.

Hey thanks for that link awesome message board there!

Unhappy thanks for the heads up!

I posted what I thought about it at joesightings, but my belief is that Hasbro is forcing brandon to incorpirate the yearly storyline for the toys into the comic, I doubt we'd see Valor vs Venom but the next years "supposed" theme of Rise of the Robots might have something to do with it. I'm sure we ALL remember when Hasbro did this last time in the marvel run, and look how that series ended up?

DD comics are great

The devils due gi joe comics are great
    reloaded is not good at all
    m&a is great
    joe transformers is not good at all
    the main run from DD is awesome i have been stuck on it from the start
    if they cancel it, i am gonna be soo choked the characters are excellent and the stories are awesome
    NOW on the otherhand if they change it and make it robots and VvsV
    I may just have to kill myself
    ok bye

I don't understand how GI Joe comic sales can be down considering every other month they are talking about being sold out. My guess is that Hasbro has asked for more incorporation of the new product lines, and Brandon is just giving us a heads up about it.
    "The scriveners and scribblers are not the keepers of the canon, the audience is. If the public doesn't like it, they blot it out of the collective consciousness, and make it go away"

Larry Hama, Snake Eyes Deconstructed (March, 2006)

I will support this 'til the end!!!

I pick up any comic title that still has a connection to GI Joe.

Reguardless of quality... I can't go another 7 years with no story lines, even if they are bad ones...

Keep buying people, cuz when its gone, you'll miss it reguardless....

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

i loved hama's imagining of the joe universe.
    this is my continuity.
    brandon continued this.
    blaylock stressed me out at times but jerwa gave it the old school "continuity" feel complete with continuing subplots that force the reader to pay attention.
    if jerwa leaves this book, i fear that i will lose a mythos i care deeply about.
    as i've said elsewhere:
    what can we do to help?

here's to the jerwa and the due.

ps: i have little to no interest in reloaded or any new imagining that might replace the true mythology.

pps:
    yes, i am a geek
    but a well intentioned one.

Keep buying and tell others to buy as well...

As long as sales are up, DDP would have no reason to pull the title...

Tanner

PS: I wouldn't worry about Joe unless DDP started pulling its other titles. I mean come on, GI Joe is its flagship title, its going to be the last to go under if titles start going on the chopping block.
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !