MN Twins Duke-- Is he different?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MN Twins Duke-- Is he different?

I just looked at the updated entry in the archive for Duke (v13) http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/duke13.shtml

I remember reading somewhere that the figure given out at the game would be molded differently, without weapons. I can't tell from the pictures or descriptions in the archive if this is true. Did the MN Twins Duke come with empty holsters or anything? I'd like to see a picture of that comparison some time...

thanks!
    -LOU
    Check out my weekly webcomic: cy-boar updated every Thursday!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It was said that he was to be resculpted to remove a gun (to reflect the 'No Guns' policy they have at the stadium), but I don't see a gun molded anywhere on to the original mold anywhere anyway.

I actually don't have the figure, but from what I've seen there is no difference.

Lets get someone to take a look.

I think that figure has guns molded on the sides of his torso, under his arm pits. (In your picture they just look like small brown patches, from the front)

Do you know someone who could check? I know it's minor, but a mold variation is more intersting than a packaging change...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Exclamation

That is mine in the archive but I am at work right now. Unless someone beats me to it (and they are more than welcome to), I can get you answer later today.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

Question

Wait, what guns are you referring to?

http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/image...13_large.shtml

I don't see them on the mass released figure.

You're right, those brown pouches on his stomach are sort of gun shaped, but appear to not be guns. I guess I was thinking of the V Maximus version of this figure. It does have guns there.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/duke16.shtml

Well, let us know if you can find any differences...
    Thanks!
    -LOU

I checked and I think the figure is the same as the one off the two pack.

When I first heard about the figure I read the same reports about the re-sculpt to comply with the "no guns" request.
    But it seemed quite clear to me at the time, just as it does now, that Hasbro had initially offered up it's preferred, overused, and not to mention much better looking Duke for the giveaway. That previous version of Duke has 2 very obvious guns on his chest. I'm sure that when the request was made Hasbro said they would take care of it. and simply switched to the less offensive figure. Unfortunately that resulted in a miscommunication and the press announced that Hasbro was re-sculpting Duke just so he would have no guns on his chest. It's just a matter of a misunderstanding getting blown out of proportion.
    Incidentally, I do have the figure, and I'm big into variations. I see no significant difference between the Minnesota Twins Duke, and the regular release Duke. Also the front of the card is virtually identical to the card from the second wave single card figures. The only real difference is the lack of a warning label. The back on the other hand is almost completely unique.
    Roger
    Captain Cosmos Collectibles
    NOW IN FLORIDA!!!

check us out on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...osCollectibles

Thanks for the insights. Your explanation makes sense to me Goofateer. Why would they want to resculpt something for such a limited release?

wait... they don't allow guns in the stadium, but grenades are peachy keen? :P