OCS Cancelled at KB Toys.com - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard J.
    There's obviously a MAJOR demand. If we petitioned Hasbro to make more, given the numbers we could present them, might there be a chance of getting more of them manufactured?

Or am I just whistling in the dark?
    Sorta. . .it was hard enough drumming up all the support to petition to get the O-ring back, remember?

-PJ

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Another issue is that it is probably not Hasbro's decision to make more but either KB or TRU since they were exclusive to those retailers. Hasbro may want to make more but it is up to the retailers to place the order.
    www.joeparts.com
    check out the largest selection of vintage Joes available on the web

(figures, accessories, filecards, , AFA, trading cards and more)
    KRE-O

Free shipping, International customers welcome
    Pay via paypal, credit cards, check or money order !

Quote Originally Posted by thunt4
    I doubt they would make them the same if they did but if you look at the trend of kb and sears they seem to repeat the past. So far we have seen a cat 2 and now a set identical to the sms. Maybe they will do a ground assault and an air assault next.Not sure but just an assumption
    so does this mean we have to wait another 20 years for the next OCS set? LOL!
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Prozac's ebay auctions

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I sure hope not but do you think they have some sort of rights or licensing to the name or something?
    I just started my ebay store, take a look
    MY EBAY STORE<br>more to come soon
    Check out my ebay auctions as well MY EBAY AUCTIONS
    I was using searchforjoes for a while but found my old name.I am looking for moc figures and weapons, send me your lists!!!

I would guess it is similar to Star Wars and it is only an exclusive for the year and in the packaging, but it can be released later either in a different format (just figures, separate HISS, etc.) and/or different packaging.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

Quote Originally Posted by stad
    I would guess it is similar to Star Wars and it is only an exclusive for the year and in the packaging, but it can be released later either in a different format (just figures, separate HISS, etc.) and/or different packaging.
    I hope this turns out the be the case. It just seems maddeningly annoying that Hasbro is willing to bury us all under Duke after Duke, but they don't want to sell stuff we'd buy in truck load lots. Doesn't make sense.

Obiwanjacoby: It might be tough to get another petition, but it's worth a shot, right?

Still, it just doesn't make sense that we'd need a petition. Hasbro is ignoring us and we're probably responsible for at least a third of the GI Joe revenue. I wonder if they'd still ignore us if we owned stock.

Richard J.

Still, it just doesn't make sense that we'd need a petition. Hasbro is ignoring us and we're probably responsible for at least a third of the GI Joe revenue.

Richard J.
    I would bet that people 20-35 years old make up over half of there revenue.
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZblayloxzuess3-16

"HOW RARE IT IS"
    "SEE IT'S BADGES"

I hope this turns out the be the case. It just seems maddeningly annoying that Hasbro is willing to bury us all under Duke after Duke, but they don't want to sell stuff we'd buy in truck load lots. Doesn't make sense.

Obiwanjacoby: It might be tough to get another petition, but it's worth a shot, right?

Still, it just doesn't make sense that we'd need a petition. Hasbro is ignoring us and we're probably responsible for at least a third of the GI Joe revenue. I wonder if they'd still ignore us if we owned stock.

Richard J.
    Are they really ignoring us? They made OCS in the first place. They made the Infantry packs. They made the comic book packs. I think Hasbro is trying to placate us. This situation sounds like KB just underestimated how many OCS sets to order. It's not Hasbro's fault. They made what was ordered. Were they supposed to order more just in case OCS went through the roof? That wouldn't have been wise. I understand the rancor over this. I would be angry too if I pre-ordered the sets and didn't get them.

I wander why KB didn't set a limit as to how many orders they would accept. I have to assume they knew they were only going to receive X amount of sets, whatever that number was. Why would they then accept X + 20,000 orders then? Doesn't make any sense to me.