Comic 37 Was Awesome

yojoe.com

Comic 37 Was Awesome

i have not been so excited about gi joe in a long time
    there is a ton of potential in the dd series i really enjoy it and i personally think the ppl who don't should really open their eyes at the height of the hama series with the cobra island wars to about issue 100 hama series was greta after 100 it got pretty hurtin the dd series is quite close to hamas best work and i am totally diggin it
    anyways 37 was awesome and hopefully just keeps gettin better

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

#37 was one of the better ones the Devil's Due team has put together, all the story lines lately have been excellent. It's really too bad that people aren't giving this comic much of a chance. It's Hama love.

My only problem is the loose ends the story arc system keeps leaving. Also, they aren't using their new characters enough to give people a chance to get into them.

The comic has been improving from day one, but people don't want to give it a shot because Larry Hama's not involved.

I hope people start reading soon. The current arc is amazing.

Richard J.

Well I'm no Hama-ite, but I have to say how disappointed I was with 37. The current arc has been great, but 37 was pretty crappy.

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

They killed Tracker for no apparent reason, and refered to him as "Action Man"? Tracker is NOT Action Man and should never have been refered to as such. And the foreshadowing is so heavy handed. It's VERY obvious that Blackout is the assassin, Rey is Serpentor, Zanya is the Doctor and Zartan is impersonating Cobra Commander. How about some subtlety guys?

And don't do things to explain figure traits from 20 years ago! Now Bludd will finally have his bionic arm, OY!
    I need a 2000 Battle Armor Cobra Commander head.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

hmm what can i say you might be right but i quite like it
    i dont really think rey is serpentor tho
    and i don;t think blackout is the assassin i think Derenko/overlord may be the assassin i don;t think zanya is the doctor i am pretty sure the spy was armada and as for zartan impersonating cc i dunno its possible but jerwas writing hasn;t been so lame in the past so i doubt it would start now
    and hey who knows maybe action man was a surfer name or something i dunno we'll see later right

SPOILERS!

Okay, so Major Bludd got his arm cut off. That was particularly shocking. But even more amazing was the fact that they didn't re-attach it. And according to the dialogue, it'll remain missing. They can have Serpentor, and they can have Serpentor revived, but they can't sew an arm back on. Does not compute.

Otherwise, the issue was great! The series just keeps getting better and better!

Wink

Maybe only mindbender knows how to sew arms back on