AFA GRADED GI JOE Discussions - Page 10

yojoe.com

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 82to87Joes
    think about it, a loose C9.5+ viper v1 will bring $35-40 on ebay, imagine the same figure graded, you would be stupid not to spend the $12 and have it graded
    Then I am stupid.

I collect loose figures because they are loose. I think if you are going to encase them, you might as well collect MOC.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i cant afford MOC or otherwise i would

i quit playing with toys when i was a kid so theres no reason to keep them "loose" if there is an alternative. now i collect them for personal enjoyment and hopefully future investments, why wouldnt i want to 1 increase the value and 2 protect my investments?
    Last edited by 82to87Joes; 06-02-2005 at 12:57 PM.

i think a big question that has yet to be raised, is there a market for the graded loose figures???

i know there will always be a few people, but is the market the same size as the moc graded figures???? most loose collectors collect loose because they want to display them....(or they cant afford or think moc is too expensive/overated)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i cant afford MOC or otherwise i would

i quit playing with toys when i was a kid so theres no reason to keep them "loose" if there is an alternative. now i collect them for personal enjoyment and hopefully future investments, why wouldnt i want to 1 increase the value and 2 protect my investments?

i think joes are a big gamble as an investment, i know the stock market isnt always guarnteed, but atleast you have a million times more people willing to buy your investment.

too each there own, i hope i am eating my words in 20 years. that way i can sale off my collection for more than the cost of inflation over those 20 years.

based on 60s gijoe sales id say we have a pretty good chance the early series joes will continue to rise in value. i dont see it happening so much for the post-94 joes, at least not as much but the early stuff will be golden for at least another 10-15 years

I personally think the Joe market will come down eventually. Its hot right now because everybody that grew up in the 80s is now nostalgic and looking to recapture something of their youth (plus, most of them have disposable income to do so now - I don't! ). Joes from the 60s have dropped a lot in price over the last 10 years as that the average collector has gotten older and left the hobby. Personally, what something is worth is what you are willing to pay for it. I used to be into comic books, and my friend would always say "your collection is worth x amount, or that book is worth x!". To which, I would always reply that I bought them for my enjoyment, not for monetary gain. If I wanted to spend money to make money, I would invest in the stock market, not comics (or toys).

based on 60s gijoe sales id say we have a pretty good chance the early series joes will continue to rise in value. i dont see it happening so much for the post-94 joes, at least not as much but the early stuff will be golden for at least another 10-15 years

Well, only certain 60's and 70's Joe stuff is keeping it's value. Also there is less of the original Joe stuff then there is 80's Joe stuff around. But the truly rare and hard to find sets are up there. Figures are dropping down more and more. It used to be a nude vintage Joe would go for around $70+. Now $20 to $40. Talkers? Use to be $100 to $150 for a Adventure Team Commander with uniform was a steal, now $50 t0 60. So don't be thinking the price will always go up! Though some items are going up! Look at Bulletman!! Since DOB started the price for a Bulletman went from $35- 50 for a loose complete one to almost $100 and up! As was stated earlier, if we do not keep expanding the collecting community prices will fall as there will be less demand!

Michael Richards
    Bulletman Big B
    All HAIL DOB!
    ALL HAIL DOB!!
    http://www.joelanta.com/dob.html

I happen to agree with the sentiment shared above that MOC GI Joe prices will trend downwards in the next two decades. But to play devil's advocate for a minute...does anyone else keep up with the vintage car market?

Lots of older automobiles (like old 60's Mustangs or the even older Ford Model T) that people thought would be worthless junk are highly prized by grown men who spend thousands of dollars filling out their private collections with them. It is a maxim among these guys that a man doesn't part with an old car until he dies...at which point his wife and children will sell the car off to another collector who will in turn keep it until he dies. The point I am making is that I personally don't ever plan to stop collecting Joes. Who's to say that there aren't other crazies out there like me who will continue to collect and will only part with there beloved figures when life forces us to?

Just thought I would add that to the discussion.

I know one argument was made that as we become older many will lose interest in collecting Joes however in my opinion some of us (myself included) will continue to collect forever and as we get older we will have more income to dispose on them which should off-set the ones that got out of collecting all-together.
    www.joeparts.com
    check out the largest selection of vintage Joes available on the web

(figures, accessories, filecards, , AFA, trading cards and more)
    KRE-O

Free shipping, International customers welcome
    Pay via paypal, credit cards, check or money order !

Ashy Larry TRU 6 pack?

I agree. I know alot of the bigger high grade collectors are in their late 20s/early 30s now but I think you will see an influx of big collectors within the next 10 years as the children of the 80s hit their 40s and have the availability of increased disposable income.
    Specializing in the illest shiznata for more than 5 years:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Guts-the-Bers...3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm