Quality of the Funskool Joes? Especially CG Immortal

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Quality of the Funskool Joes? Especially CG Immortal

I am interested in perhaps armybuilding the Funskool CG Immortal. I want to use them as the Driver in my OCS sets. Do any of you have these, and If you do what is the quality like? Are they worth it? I basically want them to sit in my drivers seats and man the OCS Hiss and ASP so I can free up my CGs for other duties.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have several, they have a somewhat brittle feel compared to the US release. The backpack color is horrible but the weird hand rockets operate in a similar fashion the US version does. The T-Hooks in a couple of my figures broke within a month, but i had replacements for them, so i suggest buying supplies just in case.

Other than that, they ARE Crimson, usually go for about $4/ea at www.smalljoes.com and they look fantastic operating the C.A.T.2 compared to the Non-Crimson "Crimson" Guard Immortal v2.
    I would rather army build these instead of the original US version just cause they look 95% similar.

Hope this helps!!
    Don

ps - there was a bad rumor about Funskool using lead in their paints, so not sure if that was disproved yet or not
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

Yeah, I never did like the CG Immortal weapons compliment. I usually arm them with AK-103s that came with Redstar. I think I'll get a few. I only want them as vehicle operators in any case.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

They are, obviously, of minor quality. I wouldn't suggest arming and disarming them often and when doing it be very carefull. You have to be somewhat lucky when receiving them as the paint can be sloppy sometimes. But for their price they are still great!

Quote Originally Posted by joebahama
    I am interested in perhaps armybuilding the Funskool CG Immortal. I want to use them as the Driver in my OCS sets. Do any of you have these, and If you do what is the quality like? Are they worth it? I basically want them to sit in my drivers seats and man the OCS Hiss and ASP so I can free up my CGs for other duties.
    I have a few Funskool Immortals and use them for the same purpose you intend to. IMHO they're totally adequate to occupy drivers seats.

Funskool quality depends upon the production date. If you can find CGI's produced after April of 2003, then the quality will be much higher than those produced prior to that date. Overall, those figures are nice and make for worthy additions to any collection.

dont mean to hijack yer thread buddy, but what about the other figures! are they worth thr $4? any ones i should forget about?

www.smalljoes.com has a bunch of funskool figures all for about $4 each

Desert Scorpions, Night Vipers, Hydro Vipers, Toxo Vipers
    you can army build these in a jiffy!!
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

Smile Funskool

Funskool figures are crap.I opened a cobra commander and it fell apart.I do like however that you can get some of the classics without taking out a loan!!!
    Memories are some of the greatest gifts anyone can receive.

To state they are all crap, that's a bald statement. I have a moc Budo who is clearly damaged too yes, but for that price...

You have to be a bit lucky for sure, but so what if one out of ten figs is damaged? I don't care, they're cheap and still nice