Are Daina and Volga the same person?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are Daina and Volga the same person?

They have some similarities on the file card although they look nothing alike. Are they the same?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yup same person.

Just a REALLY ugly figure
    I need a 2000 Battle Armor Cobra Commander head.

Quote Originally Posted by viperlord
    Yup same person.

Just a REALLY ugly figure
    Ummm. . .don't you think we should double check that info with GITrekker first? He wrote the files, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't see it that way. But in any case, I wanna hear from him on it for sure.

-PJ

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Daina was a character created specifically for the comic book, along with the rest of the Oktober Guard. Although a couple of OG characters were created for the toy line (Red Star and Big Bear) later on, none of the comic versions appeared until 1997. Brekhov and Gorky were both comic characters, though for some reason they called Daina "Volga". If you look, though, her real name is printed right there as "Daina".

With this new, more complete release of the Guard, however, Daina is given her real name, and a look more closely resembling her comic appearance. By the way, between the two 3-packs, that's all the original Oktober Guard. Gorky appears much later in the comic series.

Also by the way, Daina is the only one still alive.

Ummm. . .don't you think we should double check that info with GITrekker first? He wrote the files, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't see it that way. But in any case, I wanna hear from him on it for sure.

-PJ
    Take a look at the filecard. Unless the Oktober Guard has ANOTHER sniper who's file name just happens to be Daina. It's pretty clear. Not to mention that GITrekker has said in the past that it was the same person. I don't know if he'll chime in or not, but chill out man

http://www.yojoe.com/filecard/98/volga.shtml

Isn't Dragonsky still alive

and didn't red star become a comic character as well?

[QUOTE=viperlord]Take a look at the filecard. Unless the Oktober Guard has ANOTHER sniper who's file name just happens to be Daina. It's pretty clear.

Hasbro has had the problem of creating new characters too close to others...
    Roadblock / Double Blast
    Baroness/ Chameleon

I didnt know if this was another example of that. With the quality level of the releases from that era (where they rarely got anything right.) I thought anything was possible.

Plus there was no spot on yojoe where they say:
    Volga was also released as Diana and while they have different names they are the same character

I did read the file card and saw the similarities... thats why i posted the thread.
    Last edited by shadeycat; 01-05-2005 at 07:24 AM.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by viperlord
    I don't know if he'll chime in or not, but chill out man
    Where did I overreact? I'm reading too little from the file, you're reading too much into my post. Touche baby!

I just wanted the author's take on it. Go to the source & all that.

But I suppose rational, clear-headed ideas like that are just too OUT OF CONTROL!!! Yaaaa! Blblblblbl!!!! Whoop whoop! GraR! Check w/the creator! Nrrr! where's my meds???

Hehe. . .I'm such a wild man.
    -PJ

Yaaaa! Blblblblbl!!!! Whoop whoop! GraR! Check w/the creator! Nrrr! where's my meds???
    OooooK. Just chill out man.

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwanjacoby
    Touche baby!
    -PJ
    Dude, I wouldn't go around touching a baby unless you know where it came from. Those things can carry germs.

And yes, I am just kidding.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz