motorviper variant?

yojoe.com

motorviper variant?

how is this for a variant? might just be a paint mistake i suppose although its a big one!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

For the head I'm guessing it might be a factory error.. But the body looks faded.
    The path of collecting is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil scalpers. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the lost through the valley of aisles. For he is truly his brothers keeper by leaving one on the peg and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers collection, and you will know I am a true collector when lay my vengeance upon thee.

I had a motor viper for 14 years and the visor faded that way.

So my guess is, not a variant, just an overly exposed figure with time having its way with the paint on its visor.
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

yeah you guys might be right the body is faded so i guess its easy to see that the silver may have rubbed off. just seemed weird it would totall be gone

well, if you are planning to keep this faded figure, and dont plan on re-selling it marking it as a "mint condition" piece, i suggest using chrome nail polish to paint the visor back on.
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

nah its to faded to be considered "mint condition" even if it had the silver

Quote Originally Posted by donsbabyboo
    well, if you are planning to keep this faded figure, and dont plan on re-selling it marking it as a "mint condition" piece, i suggest using chrome nail polish to paint the visor back on.
    Or a silver Sharpie. They work really well.
    "Ya'll hear that, we's usin' codenames.”

I don't know. Usually if it is paint wear either the color will remain in the cracks or you can see scrape marks. I have never seen one of those so thoroughly paintless. I'd look at it under a magnifying glass. If there is no sign of silver and the blue matches up (meaning that head is no repro part), then I would say that thing is pretty unique as it is. I would definitely not paint it. IMO, there really isn't a market for Joe factory errors, but they really make neat things to point out in your collection and to make it feel more personal if you have happened across something strange.