user id private auctions? do YOU bid???

yojoe.com

View Poll Results: do you bid on private auctions where you cant see who bids against you?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • private auctions make no difference to me

12 48.00%
  • it depends on the item

7 28.00%
  • NO ,i refuse to bid on items that i can't see who is bidding me up

6 24.00%
  • whats ebay???

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

user id private auctions? do YOU bid???

just wondering who bids on private auctions...

take for instance the seller crimson-viper..... I think i have bought one thing from him... but I would love to buy alot of his stuff... Alot of his auctions end lower than my max bid, but i refuse to bid on something where i dont know if i am being bid up by a 0 bidder... so who bids on these private auctions??

**** NOT TRYING TO JUDGE THIS GUY>>>ONLY USED HIM AS AN EXAMPLE INCASE PEOPLE DID NOT KNOW WHAT KIND OF AUCTION I WAS SPEAKING OF>>>NO NEED IN DISCUSSING THE SELLER I REFERNCED >>>
    Last edited by drveovru2; 01-16-2005 at 09:53 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    Sellers keeping the bidders private I don't really mind.

Sellers keeping their own feedback private, I DO mind.

I have no problem bidding on a private auction so long as the sellers feedback is good. I have bought items from Crimson-Viper and gotten great deals. When the stuff arrived it was just as I expected if not better. I think the only reason some sellers have private auctions is so other people can't see how much money a certain person is spending on stuff. Its nobody elses business how much or what you spend your money on. I'm sure there is dishonest sellers that would bid up there own auctions with a new account just to rip people off, but thats why a sellers feedback is there to look at.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

the issue that concerns me is you do not know if the seller has 2 EBAY ID's and is bidding up his own item to get more for it. IMO it gives a seller no benifit to make the bidders private unless something shady was going on.
    www.joeparts.com
    check out the largest selection of vintage Joes available on the web

(figures, accessories, filecards, , AFA, trading cards and more)
    KRE-O

Free shipping, International customers welcome
    Pay via paypal, credit cards, check or money order !

Also.... Please dont assume i am accusing the particular seller of biddin up his auctions...... i just used him as a refrence since he has alot of auctions and i see his name alot..

i bid on a few private ID auvtions it dont really bother me,although i do like knowing who i am bidding aginst.on part lots ID kept private could be a good thing though if you are bothered by a bidder who lost who is interested in a certin part.three times ebayers contacted me about parts and i helped out two because i could and got parts needed in return.as for keeping feedback private it should not be allowed.if i see a seller with private feedback i stay away from.

Quote Originally Posted by TYPE*S*TOYS
    the issue that concerns me is you do not know if the seller has 2 EBAY ID's and is bidding up his own item to get more for it. IMO it gives a seller no benifit to make the bidders private unless something shady was going on.
    thats why i never bid on private auctions.thats why i never would do such a thing.

I usually won't, it just makes me wonder why they're trying to hide things. If its something I've really been hunting for awhile & their feedback is good, I have bid on a few, but the sellers who have their feedback hidden I won't consider no matter how bad I want the toy.

Can anyone justify why a seller would want to hide the bidders by making them private? It is nothing but 100% shady business.
    www.joeparts.com
    check out the largest selection of vintage Joes available on the web

(figures, accessories, filecards, , AFA, trading cards and more)
    KRE-O

Free shipping, International customers welcome
    Pay via paypal, credit cards, check or money order !

Question

I wouldnt go so far as to call Crimson Viper dirty, but it was shady.
    I bid on one of his auctions once, a TRU Blue Viper to be exact. With a day left in the auction, and the only bid being mine at under $10, another "private bidder" outbid me.
    I didnt care to re-bid, but 2mins after the auction ended, he emailed me a "second-chance" offer thingy.

Maybe he had more of the figure, maybe he wanted to see how high I would bid, too many maybes, not enough proof. so me no know
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia