Rise of the Robots = OVERKILL/TRANSFORMERS?

yojoe.com

Rise of the Robots = OVERKILL/TRANSFORMERS?

This is PURELY speculation.

In the toyline, Valor vs. Venom ends this year, to be replaced by "Rise of the Robots."

I assumed Overkill would be the new bad guy to beat, along with his BATS. But does he get the help of the Decepticons as well? Is all this being played out in the comics? Why does "Rise of the Shadows" sound so close to "Rise of the Robots"?

As the Transformers movie hits soon, I can't blame Hasbro for wanting to capitalize on it. I personally don't care whether the continuities are intertwined (since I am mainly back into Joe because of my 6 year old son, who likes TF too), as long as we get pure Joe vs. Cobra again soon, but I know a lot of loyal fans disagree about connections in the main series at all.
    Bryon

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

hmm, i always thought they were intertwined all along. i remember seeing j jonah jameson in a joe comic, and then there was the time spidey was in the transformers comic. so unless the Beyonder was throwing them into different continuities it's all one and the same anyway. what i would love to see would be transformers in scale with joe figures. that would fix the need for cool joe and cobra vehicles and it would mean huge transformers which would rock.

I am all in favor of a toy crossover with TF, personally I think its long overdue as I am both a TF fan and a Joe fan.

I wouldnt mind seeing some out of this world BAT and other, even semi-transforming mecha as long as they dont look as Tonka & cheesy as most new GI Joe vehicles.

And I can't be alone in wanting to see Cobra Commander come with a scaled pistol Megatron.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Or a new Megatron Hiss tank, Or a Starscream jet with Wild Weasel, we can only dream.