Interviews with the Master

yojoe.com

. .

. .
    Last edited by frozen_nd; 03-30-2009 at 04:49 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Talking

LOL! If Blaylock's "The Apprentice", then I just heard The Donald say. . .

"You're fired!"

Related thread:

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=19770

-PJ

Here is one you missed:

http://www.joereloaded.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=671

And my favorite part of the interview:

Joe Reloaded.com: While on the topic of the new comics, what do you think of what Devil’s Due has done with your creation?

Larry Hama: Their teams are doing a great job. All characters and concepts need to be recreated for succeeding generations. Everything that doesn’t change, stagnates, and stagnation is death.
    GI Joe Reloaded and all other Joe comics at Joe Reloaded.com

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kost
    Larry Hama: Their teams are doing a great job. All characters and concepts need to be recreated for succeeding generations. Everything that doesn’t change, stagnates, and stagnation is death.
    And my fave quote, from the same interview: "I haven’t actually read a comic in a year or two!"

I hope someday LH writes an issue or two of Scrooge McDuck if he hasn't already. I'd really buy that ish. He said in an interview somewhere that that is one title he'd like to write for.

-PJ

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwanjacoby
    And my fave quote, from the same interview: "I haven’t actually read a comic in a year or two!"
    You are correct, he did say that later in the interview, but the premise of his first answer still stands. Things that do not change esentially die, the toy has evolved over the years and it is time the comic does too.
    GI Joe Reloaded and all other Joe comics at Joe Reloaded.com

. .
    Last edited by frozen_nd; 03-12-2006 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwanjacoby

I hope someday LH writes an issue or two of Scrooge McDuck if he hasn't already. I'd really buy that ish. He said in an interview somewhere that that is one title he'd like to write for.

-PJ
    Yeah, he's going to be in for a surprise when he finds out about Sean Collins!

And I love how Hama says that he likes what the new Devil's Due GI JOE comics are doing.

Larry Hama was fantastic. I wish he had a long term shot with the Devil's Due series.