Questions - SW mangling, and Specific head type needed

yojoe.com

Questions - SW mangling, and Specific head type needed

Okay, I'm working on a couple of customs right now. The Pythona is going along well - I just need paints, tools, and the ability to separate a Star Wars head from a Star Wars body. How do you do this? I've heard that boiling the figure works, but I gfeel a little iffy - how long do i let it boil? Do I just dip it in, por leave it in the pot? Won't it warp? Am i better off with a chisel?

Besides that, I've got another question. I have pretty much all the parts that I need to do a simple Wesker custom from Resident Evil (Got the body, I know where to get the shades). I just need to find a hear that matches this image as closely as possible - hair color does NOT matter, since it's easy to repaint it blonde. I've been looking through the archives, but so far have no luck. Anybody else have any ideas?

Wesker's going to be a really easy custom once I get the right head.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wesker-noglasses.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	702  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Is your Wesker going to be RAH or that new stuff?

If it's RAH, then Battle Corps Flint might work. I think he's got that slicked back hair look. I think it's Flint v4.
    Looking for CG parts!<P>I NEED a waistpiece to a Cobra Ninja Viper!!!!!

New stuff, probably - I'm using the body from the Recondo that you get with the Tiger Force Chopper.

Actually, an old-fashioned head might fit - I'd just have to mess with the neck peg. Of course, the proportions might be off, but when have GI joe proportions ever been decent? (Well, except for Dreadnok Torch - he's pretty good).

Flint looks a little too jowly, though.
    Last edited by Ridureyu; 02-05-2005 at 07:22 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah, I gotta admit that Flint head is pretty ugly. What about Duke, or Grunt from the new series?
    Looking for CG parts!<P>I NEED a waistpiece to a Cobra Ninja Viper!!!!!

I was considering DUke, although the Schwarzenegger look turns me off a little - I *could* use it as a nice fallback.

As for Grunt, I actually need to get myself one of those - I'll just order the Destro 2-pack from smalljoes and see how it comes out. The thing about Wesker is that, while he has a very basic face, it's one of the few types that never shows up in G.I. Joe - just like how there are no double-barreled shotguns in the toyline, no matter how hard you look.
    Mr. Wesker will hold my customizing fever off while I work out the logistics for jill Valentine (from bombstrike/Bombshell), both of which will take a while.

I have all the parts for Pythona, though - her body's a mixture between new and RAH, and they mesh really well.

(EDIT) The BTR Duke looks good... but how to aquire one...
    Last edited by Ridureyu; 02-05-2005 at 09:04 PM.