what did you think out it

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what did you think out it

the movie ive seen it and in spite of its problems it could have been worse(sure all the other 80s toy movies are better even my little pony(oh yes i went there!)but granted it has its moments)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It's ok, but I just have to say one thing that kills it for me -- COBRA-LA!!!

Okay okay. It really could have been worse. Lots of things seemed too farfetched in the 80's (like cloning) that are now much more realistic. The whole Cobra-La thing was a bold attempt to bring in a radical new direction to the series. It was a bad idea, though. There is just so much potential in the Joe storylines that it is always surprising to me how people manage to mess it up.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yup, the bad guys dont seem so scary and evil when they look like they should be in my seafood basket with fries

yeah

and whats with golubus's "ball" he rides in?

I'm not a fan of the Cobra-La but once...about 10 years ago I was in a comic shop looking for back issues of the Joe comics...the owner of the comic shop said he would give them all to me at half price if I would yell out the Cobra-La battle cry. Needless to say I startled all who were not expecting it with a loud and thunderous COBRAAAA-LALALALALALALALA.

Oh the lows we will put ourselves through for a great deal!
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

Quote Originally Posted by sinnister
    I'm not a fan of the Cobra-La but once...about 10 years ago I was in a comic shop looking for back issues of the Joe comics...the owner of the comic shop said he would give them all to me at half price if I would yell out the Cobra-La battle cry. Needless to say I startled all who were not expecting it with a loud and thunderous COBRAAAA-LALALALALALALALA.

Oh the lows we will put ourselves through for a great deal!
    I would have died laughing if i was there. lol. I thought the movie was great, i just think of it as seperate from the other joe storylines. i like cobra commander better as a car salesman. But it was a really cool idea, i really liked nemesis enforcer. toys were cool, although they should have made pythona and gave the royal guards the capes they wear in the movie. And a special movie edition figure set of serpentor killing duke might have been a big sale with most joe fans.
    "Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody walked over your grave" "I'm your huckleberry" - Doc Holiday, Tombstone

I enjoyed the movie, honestly. The only problem with Cobra-La is that it screwed with Cobra Commander - if not for that fact, people would probably like it a lot more.

hmmmm

i agree they should have made pythona in a two pack with her and nemisis enforcer (golobulus and caped royal gaurd in other) that would have been best way in my book.

apart from Mercer, I felt the renegades were pointless. Mercer was cool, as demonstrated by him getting another figure, and also showing up in continuity. I hated Big Lob, what they did to CC and Cobra La was stupid. However with all of that said, the Joe movie is one of my favorite cartoon films. I was ****ed that the G.I. Joe cartoon series effectively ended at the movie too.