A new scale of Joes!? - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tdutton17
    I would hate to see the 3' 3/4" figures be affected. I can see why they would want to make slightly larger figures though.

To make more money.

How's this for an idea, Hasbro? To make more money, why don't you revert to single packs (or at least package troop builders together), produce enough of the troop builders, improve your distribution, and make better vehicles (the Sting Raider, Thunderwing, Humvee, and Ice Sabre are a good start - now keep the ball rolling).
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 02-17-2005 at 07:59 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange
    To make more money.

How's this for an idea, Hasbro? To make more money, why don't you revert to single packs (or at least package troop builders together), produce enough of the popular figures, improve your distribution, and make better vehicles (the Sting Raider, Thunderwing, Humvee, and Ice Sabre are a good start - now keep the ball rolling).
    Aren't they generally already producing enough of the popular figures? I'm not aware of any shortage of Duke, Snake Eyes, Kamakura, Gung-Ho, Wild Bill, CC, or Storm Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotty
    Aren't they generally already producing enough of the popular figures? I'm not aware of any shortage of Duke, Snake Eyes, Kamakura, Gung-Ho, Wild Bill, CC, or Storm Shadow.

Actually, by popular figures, I mean those popular with collectors (who make up an ever-increasing proportion of Joe consumers).

i.e. troop builders.
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 02-17-2005 at 08:02 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange
    Actually, by popular figures, I mean those popular with collectors (who make up an ever-increasing proportion of Joe consumers).

i.e. troop builders.
    And if parents can't find the characters they recognize from their childhoods (i.e. Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Flint, Lady Jaye, Hawk, Roadblock, Beachhead, Lifeline, Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Storm Shadow) to buy for their kids and kids can't find the characters they recognize from the animated movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotty
    And if parents can't find the characters they recognize from their childhoods (i.e. Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Flint, Lady Jaye, Hawk, Roadblock, Beachhead, Lifeline, Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Storm Shadow) to buy for their kids and kids can't find the characters they recognize from the animated movies?

Not really following your sentence fragment here.

Anyway, Hasbro should continue to make the core figures, but since they are continually selling out of the popular troop builders (Cobra Infantry 6-pack, for example) it would reason to say that, if they wanted to make more money, they would produce more of these figures and make them more readily available (be it though brick-and-mortar stores, internet offers, or as mail-aways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost X
    When will they learn not to miss with the original idea?

12" tall generic soldiers with kung-fu grip?

What if we're jumping the gun here and the rumored new scale is like the Star Wars Playskool line with the kid friendly accessories and big hands, feet, and dopey expressions?
    I know I just described most of the new sculpt stuff, but what if it were a GI Joe Buddies line or something geared toward little kids? Those things are 6-7" tall right?
    New scale doesn't automatically mean hyper detail and articulation. I prefer to wait and see since this rumor more than likely was taken out of context.
    Booya!

I'm really not too worried about the state of the 3 3/4 line, I firmly believe that it will remain a large part of the G.I. Joe line for continuing years.
    Hi, I'm Tim Mizak.
    Check out my blog on toys!
    http://mizak23.blogspot.com/

i think people are flipping out over nothing. Hasbro wouldnt discontinue 3 3/4 to go to another scale. They have tried it 2x already with no success.

Quote Originally Posted by shadeycat
    i think people are flipping out over nothing. Hasbro wouldnt discontinue 3 3/4 to go to another scale. They have tried it 2x already with no success.

But this is Hasbro we are talking about.