A new scale of Joes!? - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

We don't have any facts yet.

I think we need to calm done. This is only a rumor. Hasbro could very well scrap 12". Who wants molded uniforms? I don't want to see bright skin tight suits.(JUNK)An eight inch figure would be ok. We had some of our favorite joes and cobras, 12". If they can keep it real, it might give us that collect 12", also more options. The last SW movie is done! Where is a replacement?
    I will always trade for CLAWS.Any version of CLAWS, or desert CLAWS.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3 3\4'' figures won't disapear.

I 'm sure we'll still see small figures; maybe just in a specialized market (collectors). They will make smaller production runs like convention exclusives. But Hasbro has to compete with Macfarlane and Marvel legends so they need to keep up with the times. I for one am happy with the news that we might be getting unleashed figures but I will probably only buy the Snakeyes's and the Cobra's unless they make other characters, like Recondo, in the exact pose as depicted in the 80's packaging artwork.

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange
    But this is Hasbro we are talking about.
    My point exactly.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rotty
    I suspect Hasbro is actually looking for a smaller scale in which to do figures with real clothing, which is the main difference between 3 3/4-7" and 8-12" action figures now that figures as small as Joes have become hyper-articulated with lines like Mobile Suits in Action, the new Microman, and the upcoming 4" Marvel Legends.
    there will be a 4" marvel legend line???!!!!

sorry for the off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Rotty
    I don't see how this could be 1995 all over again. The Kenner acquisition meant there was a motive within the company to destroy RAH. There's no comparable situation now, one would have to create a conspiracy theory that the people in charge of the GI Joe brand want to ruin it.

Is anyone willing to be that we won't see at least 5 waves of 5 sets each (50 figures in the 2-pack format) for the 1:18 scale Joes this year, plus 10-20 vehicles (not counting the little Adventure Pack ones)? Maybe the comic packs will get axed, but the TRU 6-packs will be safe this year as long as TRU wants more.

So yeah, I'd be willing to bet that we'll see at least 50 new and repainted 3 3/4" Joes this year the new line, though perhaps as few as 30 if Hasbro suddenly shifts to single-carded figures for the main waves, single-carded reissues and repaints, at least 10 Alpha/Bravo/Delta vehicles, and a few more TRU vintage 6-packs (say minimum of 3, counting the upcoming Tomax and Xamot sets as 1).
    Now, see, what you say is what has me worried. The best Joes around ARE those COMIC SETS. I don't want to see those go by the wayside because of an asinine product that's a bad idea from its inception. I realize that this is mostly rumor for now, and seems to only be bad news for 12" collectors, but I'm with Agent Orange -- we need to be vigilant against the stupidity and cluelessness of certain factions within Hasbro.

Quote Originally Posted by msv
    I 'm sure we'll still see small figures; maybe just in a specialized market (collectors). They will make smaller production runs like convention exclusives. But Hasbro has to compete with Macfarlane and Marvel legends so they need to keep up with the times. I for one am happy with the news that we might be getting unleashed figures but I will probably only buy the Snakeyes's and the Cobra's unless they make other characters, like Recondo, in the exact pose as depicted in the 80's packaging artwork.
    This to me is one of the biggest problems with G.I.Joe -- the idea that it has to compete with what everyone else is doing. G.I.Joe used to be the trendSETTER. In fact, it was only when it started following other trends -- Eco-Warriors from Captain Planet, Ninja Force to try to take advantage of the popularity of a certain foursome of Turtles, that the Joes started going down the tubes in the first place. Joe does NOT have to keep up with anybody else.

hasbro does have to put out figures that kids will buy though...thats why we got ninjas in the 90s. my younger brother was a big fan of TMNT, the only joes he bought when he was a kid...yep, ninja force.

i dont' even know what toys kids buy these days. the only people i see in toy aisles are adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmao
    there will be a 4" marvel legend line???!!!!

sorry for the off topic
    They were unveiled at the UK Toy Fair (no pictures were allowed). Check out:

http://www.thepunisher.com/past_news...uary_2005.html

The line-up includes Hulk & Wolverine (two-pack), Spider-Man & Ben Grimm (two-pack), Black Costume Spider-Man, Dr. Octopus, Ghost Rider, the Punisher, Captain America, Dr. Doom, Iron Man, and the Human Torch.

They're supposedly 1:18 scale (4") rather than the 1:19 scale of 3 3/4" GI Joes, but as long as you don't try to have the Punisher drive the VAMP, they should be quite compatible. Just imagine having Captain America and Nick Fury interacting with the Joes! Tony Stark being someone Stalker, Snake Eyes, and Tommy Arashikage met in Vietnam! Tweaking history so the BATs are based on obsolete Latverian technology sold to Cobra!

I just hope we'll know for sure what is going on. heck I'm so worried I haven't slept in the next five minutes...and I'm at work for crying out loud!

Thanks for the info Rotty

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trekker
    Now, see, what you say is what has me worried. The best Joes around ARE those COMIC SETS. I don't want to see those go by the wayside because of an asinine product that's a bad idea from its inception.
    Well, that's one opinion. For me, the main line (JvC/ST/VvV) is the heir to the original RAH, giving us improved versions of classic characters (Cobra Commander and Dr. Mindbender being the most striking examples) and all-new characters with cool backstories (such as the Stall siblings), with advances in figure construction like we saw back in 1982 and 1985. I'll be the first to admit it had a rocky start, with problems like overlong arms and a towering, pigeon-toed Beachhead, but those are over now.

While I love the concept of the comic packs, they're tending to be a way to squeeze every last possible dollar out of already-overused vintage molds like the '82 bodies, Storm Shadow v1 and v2, Big Ben, and the Baroness. The Oktober Guard and General Flagg Sr. are fantastic (if I can find them without defects), but honestly, I'd mostly be upset for the kids if this sub-line was cancelled. Other than the metal rivets in the arms, they probably don't know that Storm Shadow v1 and Daina are fundamentally different from VvV Dr. Mindbender and Vipers, and Larry Hama's Marvel comics are the best possible way to introduce potential new fans to the mythos. Would I rather see more of these on the shelves than 6" or 8" GI Joe and Cobra characters? Of course, but I don't see it as a reason to panic.

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trekker
    I realize that this is mostly rumor for now, and seems to only be bad news for 12" collectors, but I'm with Agent Orange -- we need to be vigilant against the stupidity and cluelessness of certain factions within Hasbro.
    As yet, there's nothing practical we can do. If official word comes out about a specific new figure scale, then we can start e-mailing Hasbro in protest. I doubt they'd take us seriously if we started protesting about something new on general principle.