A new scale of Joes!? - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    To speak on my previous post.

DO NOT RE-INVENT THE WHEEL.

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER LINE OF JOES THAT ARE FROM THE 3 3/4" REAL AMERICAN HERO LINE AS 6" COPIES.

ITS NOT WORTH IT.

THE MARVEL LEGENDS IS A COLLECTORS MARKET AND IS PRETTY MUCH FILLED WITH SCALPER SCUM AND FLY-BY NIGHT E*BAY BUMS DESTROYING THE FUN OF COLLECTING.

AND FOR ALL YOU OTHERS WHO THING I AM MAD OR UPSET...

i'm not, just saying my piece so HASBRO can hear me...
    Persistence will get you everything...
    as long as you have a sense order in the universe.
    ------------------------------------------------

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Angry Oh, Lord, it's worse than I thought...

One of my most reliable contacts sent me this today:

==========================

When Hasbro created the action figure category more than 40 years ago, it immediately ignited the imaginations of kids and forever changed the way boys play. Now,after 40 years, Hasbro’s G.I. JOE brand is reinventing the category it created with the introduction of G.I. JOE SIGMA SIX, a new line of action figuresf eaturing an all-new 8-inch scale and weekly, animated series to debut this September.
    The initial offering of G.I. JOE SIGMA SIX action figures brings the action of this newly formed G.I. JOE covert mission force and will feature several of the most popular G.I. JOE characters including: Duke, Snake eyes, Heavy Duty, SPIRIT IRON-KNIFE and the C.O.B.R.A. ninja STORM SHADOW. Each figure will be fully articulated and will come with their signature gear, as seen on the animated series.

==================================

Now we all know full well that Hasbro's going to throw everything they've got into this. 12" is retired, and I'll be surprised to see any 3-3/4" on the shelves within a year if this garbage takes off. And I'll be hanged if I'll buy any of it.

I just hope the comic sets last long enough to maybe get the rest of Oktober Guard out (Dragonsky, Misha, Gorky), but I'm not optimistic.

Turn out the lights, this party's over...

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trekker
    One of my most reliable contacts sent me this today:

==========================

When Hasbro created the action figure category more than 40 years ago, it immediately ignited the imaginations of kids and forever changed the way boys play. Now,after 40 years, Hasbro’s G.I. JOE brand is reinventing the category it created with the introduction of G.I. JOE SIGMA SIX, a new line of action figuresf eaturing an all-new 8-inch scale and weekly, animated series to debut this September.
    The initial offering of G.I. JOE SIGMA SIX action figures brings the action of this newly formed G.I. JOE covert mission force and will feature several of the most popular G.I. JOE characters including: Duke, Snake eyes, Heavy Duty, SPIRIT IRON-KNIFE and the C.O.B.R.A. ninja STORM SHADOW. Each figure will be fully articulated and will come with their signature gear, as seen on the animated series.
    I knew it! The 12" Joes from the RAH Mythos had to be retired because they weren't selling well enough, so Hasbro is experimenting with the smallest action figure scale that typically uses real clothing as the secondary scale for these characters.

Now will anyone believe me when I predict that this line won't have any effect on the main 3 3/4" line or the TRU 6-packs?

As for the tie-in to an animated series in September, isn't that a couple of months after the new annual theme is set to debut? If so, it makes sense: the 12" figures were tied into the Spy Troops and Valor vs Venom themes. This must be the cel-animated weekly series Studio Gonzo was hired to do. It shouldn't come as any suprise that new versions of the A-list characters (Spirit is an A-list character now? Woohoo!) are going to match their animated counterparts, no doubt in 3 3/4" size as well if Gonzo's character designs are any different from the latest figure sculpts for General Abernathy, Duke, Snake Eyes, Spirit, Heavy Duty, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trekker
    Now we all know full well that Hasbro's going to throw everything they've got into this. 12" is retired, and I'll be surprised to see any 3-3/4" on the shelves within a year if this garbage takes off. And I'll be hanged if I'll buy any of it.

I just hope the comic sets last long enough to maybe get the rest of Oktober Guard out (Dragonsky, Misha, Gorky), but I'm not optimistic.

Turn out the lights, this party's over...
    We're getting a cel-animated GI Joe series from the creators of Yukikaze and Blue Submarine No.6 and it's "Turn out the lights, this party's over"? This is the best news we've had since 2002 Wave 2!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the best part of this. The figures will cost $14.99 apiece!

If the stupidity of the concept doesn't kill this, the price tag certainly will.

And I don't care WHO does the animation. If you're handed garbage to work with, you can't expect to make gold out of it.

Yeah, being handed the idea of GI joe to make acartoon out of is "total garbage."

What I find amusing is that, if I were from hasbro and looking at this board, I would have already cancelled the 3-3/4" line. No matter WHAT is released, people whine and complain.

"New sculpts suck! I want vintage sculpts! hasbro sucks!"

"Hasbro should stop using vintage sculpts! hasbro sucks!'

"new characters suck!"

"old characters suck!"

I'm getting really, really sick of this. These are TOYS. Doesn't ANYBODY use them to, you know, have FUN?

"there's no new cartoon! hasbro SUCKS!"

"there's a new cartoon? HASBRO SUCKS!"

"I want Marvel Legends-type figures! hasbro sucks for not making them."

"Hasbro is making Marvel legends-type figures? hasbro Sucks!"

In the press release, why does Hasbro spell Cobra..

"C.O.B.R.A."

????

Are they planning on making it an acronymn now?

-Peter
    ProjectPDD.com : The Definitive " Pimp Daddy Destro " Action Figure Resource

JoeIntel.com : The site for EVERYTHING G.I.Joe. From posters, lunchboxes & store displays to 3 3/4" 25th action figures, prototypes & international items. Get knowledgeable on the full range of 'Joe collectibles since the 80's & join up to the forums!

Always looking for unique packaged DESTRO items & all G.I.Joe preproduction items (artwork, prototypes, etc.). Contact me! I pay well!

It's always been an acronym, they just didn't write as one too often. It was given in the comic book at some point.

Corporately Organized Bartenders of Russian Ancestry