A new scale of Joes!? - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu
    What I find amusing is that, if I were from hasbro and looking at this board, I would have already cancelled the 3-3/4" line. No matter WHAT is released, people whine and complain.

"New sculpts suck! I want vintage sculpts! hasbro sucks!"

"Hasbro should stop using vintage sculpts! hasbro sucks!'

"new characters suck!"

"old characters suck!"

I'm getting really, really sick of this. These are TOYS. Doesn't ANYBODY use them to, you know, have FUN?

"there's no new cartoon! hasbro SUCKS!"

"there's a new cartoon? HASBRO SUCKS!"

"I want Marvel Legends-type figures! hasbro sucks for not making them."

"Hasbro is making Marvel legends-type figures? hasbro Sucks!"
    Guess what?

These figures suck even worse than the worst new sculpt figure.

Live with it.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu
    Corporately Organized Bartenders of Russian Ancestry
    No wonder the Dreadnoks stick with Cobra Commander

I love how you declared that they "suck" before you even saw them.

Such maturity.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GI Steevy
    No wonder the Dreadnoks stick with Cobra Commander
    But hey, I heard baroness mixes a mean zombie!

(type of alcoholic beverage)

Just called up that "Official Press Release". Ye gods, it's worse than I thought.

And in fairness, while I would support a cartoon based on the 3-3/4" G.I.Joe concept, I will NOT support a cartoon that is designed to promote a clearly and obviously inferior product that Hasbro obviously intends to SUPPLANT that product, even if the core concept is the same. It's the product, not the concept, that bothers me, and I think based on the postings in this thread, bothers most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Deogg
    Guess what?

Live with it.
    Actually, Storm Shadow, the only one for which an image has been released, looks great! That's a good thing too, because it's stated to be how he'll look in Studio GONZO's GI Joe anime, the one that will probably add hundreds of thousands of new kids to the ranks of GI Joe collectors. If it's well-written, it will also undoubtably bring back to the fold some of the 20-somethings who haven't bought a GI Joe figure since they were 12, and young women who haven't been involved with GI Joe since the Sunbow cartoon went off the air while they were in Elementary school.

Live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deogg
    Guess what?

Live with it.
    Yep, gotta agree with that after seeing that Storm Shadow.

I dont see myself getting any of them. Not that I think they will suck or rock. My Joe room is only so big so I limit myself to the 3 3/4 line. I see a lot of the 12" that I'd really like to have but I have to draw the line somewhere! If I didnt...they would spill into the bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen....then the only use for them would be as paperweights for the divorce papers my wife would give me!
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

Can anybody here explain to me why it's impossible for hasbro to support more than one line with the same characters? You know, like it did with the 12" figures, or like how there are about five Star wars lines with exactly the same guys? (even the animated figures, which don't seem to be selling as well as the regular ones).

I'm pretty much going to stay out of this squabble but, Star Wars has a MUCH, MUCH, bigger fan base and the 12" RAH line tanked. So maybe that's why some people think what they do.