A new scale of Joes!? - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    http://mastercollector.com/neat/toyf...bro/Spirit.jpg

These things make the worst of the new sculpts look downright perfection.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

so let me get this straight: hasbro is cancelling the RAH 12" line but not the regular 12" line, is that right or are they cancelling all their 12" figures?

So...new cartoon, new scale, new fans. Kids will probably be back to joe after this..just not like us. That Sigma 6 thing seems to me like its only a small bunch of joes versus cobra.

I want to see the new show. I'm curious about it. We'll see.

Wow, I think you could take dog droppings and give it accessories and I'd be more inclined to buy it....

Figures based on the contemporary LAZY Animation stylings just aren't my thing.

Glad everybody wanted Marvel Legends type figures...congrats you got Hasbro's version. That will teach you.

The only good thing I can see is that maybe they can play the "re-invent" game with these figures and go back to the RAH style sculpts for the 3 3/4 line.

Just my opinion. If you want these things, then you can rest assured there won't be another collector trying to get them.

and also, since when is Heavy Duty a "Most Popular" character? I realize you have to have diversity (Joe was way ahead of it's time in the 80's with that), but I can think of SEVERAL other African American Joes that are more popular.
    Last edited by Big Iron; 02-19-2005 at 07:50 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs down I'm with Big Iron. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Iron
    Figures based on the contemporary LAZY Animation stylings just aren't my thing.
    Like I said in the other thread. I wanted Anime style Joes. I mean I really wanted 'em. But not this style of Anime!

I can hardly tolerate the contemporary anime style. "Lazy Anime style" is exactly the term I was looking for.

Glad everybody wanted Marvel Legends type figures...congrats you got Hasbro's version. That will teach you.
    And a hard lesson it is, at that. Hasbro's like the old "genie of the lamp" stories. . .they deliver what you want, but always with a fatal twist that you didn't explicitly ask for.

-PJ

Say goodnight, Gracie......

I'm not too impressed, so I just won't spend any money on that line, it's simple. Well, maybe not, if their BATS are better than the rest of their new line, I could probably work a couple of them into my Joe-verse. People don't grow to 10', but if your building them, why not?
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

Does the phrase "turd in a punch bowl" mean anything?
    These things will fly like the Hindenberg.
    Booya!

Quote Originally Posted by blackdragon
    i'd buy them if they're at a reasonable price. But if hasbro does away with 3 3/4 line or doesn't produce them as much, i'm gonna really know how stupid toy company people really are.
    i retract my previous statement, i just saw more pics of these figures and i will not be buying them. i think they look horrible. Well i retract half my statement, i now really do know how stupid toy company people really are!!!
    "Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody walked over your grave" "I'm your huckleberry" - Doc Holiday, Tombstone

I sense a disturbance in the Force....

But maybe this could be our dream come true. Sigma thing for the kids... and a collector oriented 3 3/4. What could be better?

But if they actually cancelled 12", I am sorry for those collectors....

History will tell...

thats all folks.....
    Persistence will get you everything...
    as long as you have a sense order in the universe.
    ------------------------------------------------