Mastercollector.com Sigma Six Pics!!! - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Angry

I am with the first guy on this post; if it comes to this then I am out!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I won't be buying or selling these.. I just don't like them. Snake Eyes looks like a Robot.
    This Space for Rent.

wow -

what a pieces of garbage, looks like the kids of today like that really bad "manga" look at everything that comes out these days - teen titans for example - just junk.

Now we know why Mr. Depriest left the joe camp at hasbro - sinking ship boys sinking ship -

oh' well more money to get those revenge of the sith figures...
    Persistence will get you everything...
    as long as you have a sense order in the universe.
    ------------------------------------------------

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Joe goes Manga!

Well if cartoon series is going to be Manga style then it would only be conclusive that they develop the figures as close to the cartoon art. Duh!

Anyway, yes they do look like those new Street Fighter figures. But bonk me on the head....I like that version of Snake Eyes. Spirit looks kinda cool too. I'm not sure if I'll pay that $15 price but when they go on clearance.....I might pick up one or two....at least Snakes & Stormy.

Mr Rage
    "...I am that dog, I am that monster, I am that post-industrial post modern crypto-fascist politically incorrect male cocka-rocka warpig, praise Jesus..." - Kurtz

Disproprotionate

If you compare the Marvel Legends Storm to the new Sigma Six figures, you can see what went wrong with these new 8" Joes. Try to keep some sense of realism and proportion, Hasbro!

All three figures I have seen (Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes and Spirit) all have huge, Popeye-like forearms and itty bitty upper arms with a huge shoulder joint. It just looks kinda silly.

I don't think I will be getting any of these. Hopefully the kids like 'em though and the new cartoon series is worth watching. As long as the cartoon is decent, I am still glad about this move. We've been clamoring for a new weekly series to push the RAH line for quite a while now. Well, we've got it. Let's hope it fairs well.

I'm not sure what manga is, but it looks to me like they're based on anime cartoons. They don't interest me, but if somebody else likes 'em, great!
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

im going to wait and check out the cartoon. If the cartoon is good and the figures are good likenesses i'l get them.

I'm waiting for all the takes people will have on the name Sigma Six to show their support for it. Here's a couple I just thought of:

1) GI Joe- Sigma Sucks (Kind of an easy one given the name)
    2) Gi Joe- Smeggin' Six (A nod to all you Red Dwarf fans out there)

Makes me think back to the old days of 1996 when I was fond of calling a certain toy line "GI Joe Extremely Bad".

Dear God, Spirit looks like a Yugioh (sp?) figure. Snake Eyes would be better if it weren't for the weird sculpting in his arms and legs, but then I'm even done buying 3.75" Snake Eyes figures, so...

From what I've read this is a seperate line and probably the replacement for the 12" figs and from the look I say these are for the new anime/toon. It's Gonzo and well the look of Spirit reminds me a little of that studio's art style.
    I'm iffy too but who knows like some other figs I have come across and still waiting to get.

Anyway we did hear about the bat storyline so honestly think we'll get that still (awaiting to see pics from Toyfair up for real confirmation on whats coming)