Mastercollector.com Sigma Six Pics!!! - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    "Yu-Gi-Joes !"

A Real Animerican Hero!

Ugh.

-Peter
    ProjectPDD.com : The Definitive " Pimp Daddy Destro " Action Figure Resource

JoeIntel.com : The site for EVERYTHING G.I.Joe. From posters, lunchboxes & store displays to 3 3/4" 25th action figures, prototypes & international items. Get knowledgeable on the full range of 'Joe collectibles since the 80's & join up to the forums!

Always looking for unique packaged DESTRO items & all G.I.Joe preproduction items (artwork, prototypes, etc.). Contact me! I pay well!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I dunno...

I like them, to be honest. They're a little weird and stylized, and that's right up my alley (I also like the more stylized, caricatureish new sculpts, and if I can plug some of my photography for a moment, you'll see the stylization of real life reflected in some of that too: http://www.flickr.com/photos/freudiandave/ (it's all safe for work)).

I'll miss the 12" figures. The vast majority of my collection is HoF figures that I got in the early 90s, and then some of the newly released more historical 12" stuff. I didn't care for the new 12" figures, though, so seeing these replace them isn't that bad. I may actually get a couple of them (SE looks neat. I like his dogtags, and I can imagine a can of spinach in one hand and a pipe in his mouth, fighting a bearded SS, chasing after an anorexic looking Scarlett!). Does anyone have pictures of the others? I'm curious to see what the new Duke and SS look like.

here is storm shadow
    http://www.hasbro.com/media/pl/page....fm?release=349

I think the cartoon is the greatest news to come in a long time... remeber these are toys that are geared toward children. you dont think they brought the carton out for the collectors do you? I am just happy that they may be able to spark interest in a new generation of joe collectors.

will i buy them at 15 to collect, probably not. but if my son wants one at $15, i will probably buy one for him..... hasbro is doing what any toy business should do (market to children).. we still have the convention to get 3'3/4 inch figures. I think the 3'3/4 line needs a break so many people can catch up on the 150+ figures they created last year. Now is a good time to work on your vintage collection.
    Last edited by drveovru2; 02-19-2005 at 01:31 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by irishcop21
    Don't let the door hit you on the rear....this is meant to be a place you can post opinions. Sometimes they differ. Thank God, if we were all the same we would be army-building Crystal Ball...
    Exactly, I voiced my opinion on how many complainers there are about this subject. Its pathetic that some them say: "ewww" or "im not collecting anymore.." come on now, lets grow some balls and act like adult collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by rjluna
    Exactly, I voiced my opinion on how many complainers there are about this subject. Its pathetic that some them say: "ewww" or "im not collecting anymore.." come on now, lets grow some balls and act like adult collectors.
    Amen! I hear the same attitude in other areas (especially sci-fi). Nobody has a gun to my head forcing me to collect Joes. I'm sad the line is ending, but it's been a good run. Turn out the lights......

I don't really care for the look of the new line. Maybe when I see one in person I'll change my mind. I am glad there is going to be a new cartoon featuring RAH characters. That is cool. I'm not an anime fan. So I don't know anything about it. I'm not really a cartoon guyeither. But I'll record it just to see what it's all about.

Why is everyone so angry and depressed over this? I haven't seen anything that would indicate the 3 3/4" line is dead. If anything this news might invigorate the line with new fans. Am I missing something here? I read the official Hasbro news release and I didn't see anything about canceling the 3 3/4" line.

They said "Retired", which means "cancelled" to many, simply because they see no set future GIJoe 3&3/4" re-release date (maybe it's like a moritorium). It makes all of us just as upset as if they came out and said "it's canceled".

Also many interpret it as Hasbro trying to make a clean, gentle break with 3&3/4" figures (and the 3&3/4" collectors). Kinda like a lover breaking up with you & reassuring you're both still "friends" or "we'll still see each other from time to time".

I see quite a bit of logic to this because if/when the 8" line fails. . .why would the same Hasbro team try to resurrect the 3&3/4" line later on when they clearly saw it as "failed" to begin with?

-PJ
    Last edited by Obiwanjacoby; 02-19-2005 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwanjacoby
    They said "Retired", which means "cancelled" to many, simply because they see no set future GIJoe 3&3/4" re-release date (maybe it's like a moritorium). It makes all of us just as upset as if they came out and said "it's canceled".

Also many interpret it as Hasbro trying to make a clean, gentle break with 3&3/4" figures (and the 3&3/4" collectors). Kinda like a lover breaking up with you & reassuring you're both still "friends" or "we'll still see each other from time to time".

I see quite a bit of logic to this because if/when the 8" line fails. . .why would the same Hasbro team try to resurrect the 3&3/4" line later on when they clearly saw it as "failed" to begin with?

-PJ
    PJ,

Where did you see that the 3 3/4" Joes were retired? Here is a press release I just found on Hasbro's website announcing new 3 3/4" figures:

http://www.hasbro.com/media/pl/page....fm?release=309

Dan
    My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34870 Email me at dmooretoys @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) and let's deal!

I saw the press release for new 3 3/4 figures was released today as well.

Woot! Well, wave 7 isn't the end.