More pics of Sigma Six. . . - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Here's to the '80s. . .

I think many of you are forgetting that the original 3&3/4" ARAH figures were also intended for kids.

HOWEVER. . .if you can remember that far, they didn't turn out that juvenile, did they? Back in the day, Hasbro didn't dumb anything down, and the creators put their heart & soul into what they were doing.

The result was as mature a toy as you could get without graphic violence. The original ARAH carried adult themed professions, problems, technology, and it made children feel like this one toy didn't insult their intelligence.

I wanted Singma Six to be designed for the same kind of children that we collectors once were. But it's not. And anyone who doen't "get" what I mean. . .never understood ARAH to begin with.

"Yo-Joe" everybody!

-PJ

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwanjacoby
    I think many of you are forgetting that the original 3&3/4" ARAH figures were also intended for kids.

HOWEVER. . .if you can remember that far, they didn't turn out that juvenile, did they? Back in the day, Hasbro didn't dumb anything down, and the creators put their heart & soul into what they were doing.

The result was as mature a toy as you could get without graphic violence. The original ARAH carried adult themed professions, problems, technology, and it made children feel like this one toy didn't insult their intelligence.

I wanted Singma Six to be designed for the same kind of children that we collectors once were. But it's not. And anyone who doen't "get" what I mean. . .never understood AAH to begin with.

"Yo-Joe" everybody!

-PJ

Well said, I would also like to add that from those that have ACTUALLY SEEN the toys, these new figures are very detailed. I've heard these have not only a wide variety of gear, but removable ammo clips for their weapons, working holsters/sheaves, and Snakes has alternative visors.

A lot of "adultness" mentioned came from the various media support, of which we have seen NOTHING of Sigma Six's. I actually like how Hasbro compared the line with concepts present in Splinter Cell, if the cartoon follows the covert ops team concept, I think it might end up being quite enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by GI Steevy
    A lot of "adultness" mentioned came from the various media support, of which we have seen NOTHING of Sigma Six's. I actually like how Hasbro compared the line with concepts present in Splinter Cell, if the cartoon follows the covert ops team concept, I think it might end up being quite enjoyable.
    That's a very good point. But I'm somewhat pessimistic judging what we've gotten in the past toon-wise. And like I said in another thread, I'm hoping the toon will carry some good plot, characterization, and voice acting. Keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be dumbed down for the kids.

-PJ

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I hear these things cost $15 apiece. Marked toward kids huh? Seems kinda pricey to me. $15 for something I could find in any toilet. No thanks! My condolances to all the kids in the world. The days of the action figure are over. Go back to playing XBox. RIP G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko
    I hear these things cost $15 apiece. Marked toward kids huh? Seems kinda pricey to me. $15 for something I could find in any toilet. No thanks! My condolances to all the kids in the world. The days of the action figure are over. Go back to playing XBox. RIP G.I. Joe.

I agree, think about this, the Nintendo DS is here, PSP is coming, with Playstation-3 and Xbox-2 not far behind, if anyone knows what Im talking about, those will be the must haves, GI-Joe as a brand needs to get a good game on those machines to survive, at least with kids........ anyone agree with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Commander
    I agree, think about this, the Nintendo DS is here, PSP is coming, with Playstation-3 and Xbox-2 not far behind, if anyone knows what Im talking about, those will be the must haves, GI-Joe as a brand needs to get a good game on those machines to survive, at least with kids........ anyone agree with me?
    Oh heck YES! I'd love to see Hasbro get a company to do a third-person perspective action game with the Joes, preferably in the style of Metal Gear (i.e. stealth and precision counting for more than reflexes), where you get to choose one of several of the most famous Joes and deal with several supporting characters (General Abernathy, Doc, Lady Jaye?), with a huge number of Cobra bosses to face.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotty
    Oh heck YES! I'd love to see Hasbro get a company to do a third-person perspective action game with the Joes, preferably in the style of Metal Gear (i.e. stealth and precision counting for more than reflexes), where you get to choose one of several of the most famous Joes and deal with several supporting characters (General Abernathy, Doc, Lady Jaye?), with a huge number of Cobra bosses to face.
    That'd be great, but I'd rather see a Command & Conquer / Red Alert style game. Using a lot more strategy, & the army builders could still do their thing!
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

Off-Topic:

All I can say is that Heavy Duty's face looks and resembles Jim Henson's Muppets.

Quote Originally Posted by CGC
    That'd be great, but I'd rather see a Command & Conquer / Red Alert style game. Using a lot more strategy, & the army builders could still do their thing!
    So would I. However, a game where you control an individual Joe would probably do more to build the brand with potential new fans than one where you command companies of faceless troops. See, if Hasbro was smart, they'd try to get both genres made with the GI Joe license.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Hasbro should have done what they did with the line in the '80s. So, they cancel a line that isn't selling well and then decide to make a line with figures that cost more money? If this line is supposed to appeal to kids, I think Hasbro forgot that kids don't have any money. Their parents will buy the toys for them.