More pics of Sigma Six. . .

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation More pics of Sigma Six. . .

Thanks to Alyosha and Figures.com

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1984277

And more. . .

http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/sh...y.php?cat=2318

I think the Small Soldiers reference is applicable to HD and Duke.

-PJ
    Last edited by Obiwanjacoby; 02-19-2005 at 06:41 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yawn! Nothing in it appeals to me, not the scale, and especially not the look/design. I wouldn't even care about the price, which is too high, but this is just an unnecessary diversion from making good figures/vehicles for the real line.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

ok so marvel legends is making 4" figures that match joes and nows joes are making 6" figures that match marvel legends?
    what on earth would make hasbro think joe fans would want something like this? surely cant be the awesome sales of the 12" figures...

i blame the guys on ebay making marvel legend joe customs! its all their fault!

blame hasbro, they're the jerks who think they know everything, when they know nothing.
    a monkey could run the joe line better then this!

Lightbulb

I do like some of the little details like the band-aid across the bridge of HD's nose.

Another thought. If Sigma-Six is a six member team and Stormy is sporting a Cobra logo. . .then that means there's two (?) more team members yet to be revealed.

And even though I won't be getting the figures, I prolly will watch the toon (depends on the writing, voice acting), even though it's not the type of anime I was hoping for.

-PJ

Angry Hurrrrrrrlllllllllllllll

Ughhh.

Time machine for me to the 80's please....

Those are.....dumb.

I wouldn't mind it if these were a supplemental line......... This being the new flagship is utter crap. I see why Hasbro thinks these will be popular with kids. The design is very modern and flashy but to pee on the adult collectors like this... It's just weird.

Trying to say something nice . . .

Okay, so I won't be getting any of the Sigma Six figures, but at least they look like they are well-made. I may not like the style on some of the stuff, but I can kinda see how kids might like these. They look like they might be fun to play with -- each figure comes with a lot of accessories. Maybe GI Joe does need something like this to re-capture another generation.

Let's just hope the cartoons are well-done. That could definitely make or break this line.

I think a lot of fans just don't get it. GI Joe Sigma Six figures are intentionally scuplted and designed with children in mind, not collectors. After analyzing the current market trends for childrens' toylines, Hasbro must believe that this product will have the best chance at attracting a new generation of fans to GI Joe. Nothing could ever impress me the way the vintage 3 3/4" figures did when I was a kid, but I can't expect that what was cool for me as a kid will always be cool for the kids of today. It's probably the way our fathers laughed at us when they compared their 12" figures to our "new" 3 3/4" figures.

Besides, whose to say that Hasbro doesn't have a plan to take care of us collectors after the introduction of the Sigma Six line. I'm sure we'll continue to get some new 3 3/4" figures in the form of comic 3-packs and mail-ins in the future. I'm really hoping that Hasbro will run a new line geared specifically for collectors...Marvel Legend style/scale versions of the most popular figures from the original run.
    I never think of the future...it comes soon enough.