So who are the Sigma Six? - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Don't these figures look...

...A lot like the toys from the Small Soilders movie? I think they're cool in the aspect of being 6" or 8"? (forgot the scale) representations of the 3 3/4" figures. But I won't get them.

Hasbro should know that it won't sell. The figures might be too big and like the 12" Joes, may be construide as more doll like than action figures (MHO) A beef I had about the 12", no matter how cool and detailed the acc. were, the figures didn't come off as action figures to me but more dolls in the sense of Barbie.

Secondly the price tag per figure. With Video Games already ripping a hole in the world of toys, why buy a $15 action figure when you can buy a video game with the same amount of money? I know that during the mid to late 80's, during Joe and Transformer's hay day, video games were hella-expensive. Mario Brothers sold for like $50 bucks, stacked up against my $2.79 Flint, there was no contest. But now that I can buy a classic Playstation game for $10 at Walmart, why would I spend money on a doll?

Another reason, with millions of fans having hundreds of figures in their collection, there is no way to incorprate a brand new breed of joe at a 6-8" scale into the world of 3 3/4 scale figures. For their Transformer brand, Hasbro, still manages to keep each sub group separate, Alternators, Reissues, Energon, Armada, yet for Joe, they decide to obliterate both of their sub groups and create a brand new one?

Where's the logic in this? Collectors of 12" and 3 3/4" aren't going to run out and purchase a limited run 8" set that's unproven. Hasn't hasbro learned from the mistakes of Sgt. Savage and GIJoe Extreme? (Of course not) You can only revamp a toy line but so much.

I still scratch my head and wonder as I think about a post I started sometime ago asking about the thought process of Hasbro's R&D team.

And by the way, with a billion Dukes, why do they pursists in creating a new one of him and Storm Shadow and Snake eyes? Boggles the mind, don't it?

Here's where Hasbro misses it's que, yet again... why start a joe cartoon on a non proven entity? why not do a series on the proven 3 3/4 line?

Without starting a Hasbro bash post/thread/theme on this post, i'll say this, the R&D team remains to blame for the woes of Joe.
    What's left when honor's gone?
    Death is the best kick of all, why do you think God saved it for last?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CRIMGREN
    I agree with everybody else, in that this new 8" line is a self-prophecizing failure waiting to happen.

The figs are way too over-priced, and think about the scale for vehicles for these figs......Not to mention that they will be even more over-priced than the figs.

What was HASBRO thinking??

You're right... Let's talk about scale. Hasbro cries and moans about why it won't produce a vehicle the size of the Whale, yet they increase the size of it's figures? Are we doomed to be over saturated with mortorcycles? repaint after repaint of the same old thing?
    What's left when honor's gone?
    Death is the best kick of all, why do you think God saved it for last?