Anyone excited about the new line? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm probably just going to buy Stormshadow but I will record the cartoon onto video no matter how bad it might be.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cartoon: VERY excited, especially since I have a 6 year old (almost 7) son who will enjoy it.

Character selection: VERY excited. I am SOOOO glad this didn't switch to another batch of unrecognizable characters (like Savage and Extreme). Duke, Snake-Eyes, and Heavy Duty are 3 of my son's top 5 Joe characters. He's hoping we will see a Shipwreck and Scarlett. Spirit is OK, too, as long as he is more tracker/fighter than medicine man.

Looks/colors of the figures: "Cool" according to my son. "OK" to me.

Size of figures: VERY disappointed. Over the past year, my son and I have begun to rebuild the collection I amassed from '82 through '94 (and sold the year he was born). We enjoy playing with these together. When I told my son that the new figures were going to be twice the size of his current toys, he was VERY disappointed. He actually got choked up and started to get tears in his eyes. We are both hoping we get Sigma 6 figures in the 3 3/4 inch scale in 2006. In the meantime, we will enjoy the toon and collect only the old figures on ebay.
    Bryon

Quote Originally Posted by Bryon
    Cartoon: VERY excited, especially since I have a 6 year old (almost 7) son who will enjoy it.

Character selection: VERY excited. I am SOOOO glad this didn't switch to another batch of unrecognizable characters (like Savage and Extreme). Duke, Snake-Eyes, and Heavy Duty are 3 of my son's top 5 Joe characters. He's hoping we will see a Shipwreck and Scarlett. Spirit is OK, too, as long as he is more tracker/fighter than medicine man.

Looks/colors of the figures: "Cool" according to my son. "OK" to me.

Size of figures: VERY disappointed. Over the past year, my son and I have begun to rebuild the collection I amassed from '82 through '94 (and sold the year he was born). We enjoy playing with these together. When I told my son that the new figures were going to be twice the size of his current toys, he was VERY disappointed. He actually got choked up and started to get tears in his eyes.
    ... I think this pretty much says it all. Good work, Hasbro.
    Here's hoping your son gets to buy 3 3/4" Joes in their animation uniforms, Bryon.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm interested, and will check out the cartoon.....but I doubt I'll collect the figures. 8" figures just aren't my cup of tea. If they looked like they do but were 3 3/4", I would probably buy them. I have an 8 year old son though, so we'll see if he's interested at all since he is the target audience.

At $14.99, I feel that is a little too much for one figure....
    "Hi principle Skinner, hi super nintendo Chalmers!!!" Ralph Wiggum

I would like to find something possitive out of this but I can't really find anything. The 3 3/4 inch scale with I think defines the line is gone. Along with the ability to make just about every type of vehicle and playset. And at it's rediculous price of $14.99 per figure I won't be wasting money on them. I just think the whole deal is a mistake.
    Selling out! LMK what you need!

Angry

not in the least.... I still can't stand the new sculpts. I've always liked the 21st Century and BBI stuff...now I've got a reason to collect those.
    The only things better than Joes? Punk records! If you got something(RARE) you want to sell-let me know.

I'm mildy excited about it, but its enought to keep me interested. I always like to see new ideas they come up with. But, like others, the $15 a figure would keep me from buying them just because they are 'gi joe brand'. I can't tell from the pictures how articulated they are, but if they are comparable(articulation, not size wise) to the ML figs I'll probably get them.

Def looking forward to the new cartoon though.

I see no reason to hate on it until I see it for myself. Its not as if Hasbro has a secret quasi nazi police force that is going to come and take all my old joes away...I'll still have them so I'm not gonna complain about not making new figures for a while.

I'm not that excited about the toys itself, more exited about the cartoon. Especially about what the influence will be on the kids. This actually might be a pretty good move to get youngsters into joes, 3 3/4 too.

I'm not that excited about the toys itself, more exited about the cartoon. Especially about what the influence will be on the kids.
    this is where i stand on it.

i am Blown away that we are gonna get a fULL ON cartoon again, give it some time and the kids will be screaming for joes we all want. im sure i will end up with a couple sigma figures anyway.
    i bet the cartoon is pretty good.
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

I'm diggin on spirit, snake eyes (who needs his wolf), and storm shadow. now maybe a zartan an a v1 eel or some such? 1 bad guy, 6 good guys? try a bit better balance. and $15 is a bit much, but 6 every 6-8 months'd be ok. and 8" is kindy sketchy. I'd like it better at 6 or 5 1/2" to use woth like marvel legends or motu.