Anyone excited about the new line? - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by performula
    Hasbro might kill the whole line completely if these figures do not take off. Does everyone want that?

3.75 or none at all? That reminds me of the sick saying, "If I can't have you - no one can!"

And if this line takes off, we are GUARANTEED not to see any more 3.75 figures.

Is that what you want?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange
    And if this line takes off, we are GUARANTEED not to see any more 3.75 figures.

Is that what you want?
    That is your opinion, as he gave his opinion.

I think he made a good point (preformula). If this takes off, they might come back. If this doesn't take off, why would the risk loosing more one the 3 3/4 inch figures. They didn't sell very good before, why would they sell good within a couple of months...

I think they look pretty good although I have no interest in collecting them.
    I only collect 3 3/4" joes.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

At least there will be a cartoon on TV. If amine style, I rather watch paint dry. I don't like bug eyed characters.

Anyways, nature will take it's course. I suspect the line will not met Hasbro's expectations in terms of sales, considering they have to build support from the ground up. They won't get support from 12" and 3 3/4 collectors, considering they claim we don't represent a significant market in the first place. Selling the Sigma figures for 15 US + taxes is suicide to get a toy line off the ground. Toys today are just a hard sell for kids. I just don't see parents shelling out 15 bucks on a toy with the way the American economy is.

So how can I be excited to watch something bomb. It's like the XFL, where everybody new it was going to tank sooner than later. GI JOE Extreme even had a cartoon and less of the distractions in 1996 from electronic gadgets that kids are into nowadays. Sorry to be negative, but that is the way I see it. Too many warning signs pointing in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by BelgianGabber
    That is your opinion, as he gave his opinion.

I think he made a good point (preformula). If this takes off, they might come back. If this doesn't take off, why would the risk loosing more one the 3 3/4 inch figures. They didn't sell very good before, why would they sell good within a couple of months...
    Who said the 3 3/4" line didn't sell very well? I don't think I have seen any information that implied that. You are assuming they canceled the 3 3/4" line because it lost Hasbro money. That couldn't be further from the truth. I believe Hasbro thinks this line will be "hipper" and thus outsell the old line. That doesn't mean Hasbro was losing money.

I am upset with Sigma Six not because it exists, but because it replaced the traditional 3 3/4" line and the 12" line. Hasbro has betrayed the long time 12" collectors and the 3 3/4" collectors by dropping this on them without warning or more detailed explanation. The very limited information we received from Hasbro was basically the old lines may return, or they may not. I personally think, as someone who has collected GI Joe since 1969 when I got my first 12" figure as a kid, I deserve more than that.

Now this last thought of mine is not meant in any way as a slight to anyone. But this is my opinion and I want to share it. I have noticed a few of the Euro Joe fans are far more forgiving with Hasbro, and Devils Due for that matter, than the majority of the American fans. I think the fundamental difference of opinions are culture based. In America if some guy walks up to your wife and grabs her butt, the commonly accepted, and expected response is to punch the guy as hard as you can in the face. That is America. We see things in black and white terms. Either it's right, or it's not. In my admittedly limited travels to Europe, I have noticed Euros are more open minded about things and less quick to anger. They seem to be more accepting of bad news than Americans.

This appears to be the case here. As an American collector I am angry with Hasbro. But from the few Euro collector posts I've read on here, it would appear they have put a happy spin on it. Neither of these diverse opinions are wrong, or right. It's just the way we think. I think it's evident in current world affairs and in the toy department.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete The Greek
    At least there will be a cartoon on TV. If amine style, I rather watch paint dry. I don't like bug eyed characters.

Anyways, nature will take it's course. I suspect the line will not met Hasbro's expectations in terms of sales, considering they have to build support from the ground up. They won't get support from 12" and 3 3/4 collectors, considering they claim we don't represent a significant market in the first place. Selling the Sigma figures for 15 US + taxes is suicide to get a toy line off the ground. Toys today are just a hard sell for kids. I just don't see parents shelling out 15 bucks on a toy with the way the American economy is.

So how can I be excited to watch something bomb. It's like the XFL, where everybody new it was going to tank sooner than later. GI JOE Extreme even had a cartoon and less of the distractions in 1996 from electronic gadgets that kids are into nowadays. Sorry to be negative, but that is the way I see it. Too many warning signs pointing in the wrong direction.

Good post. I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnok4life
    Who said the 3 3/4" line didn't sell very well? I don't think I have seen any information that implied that. You are assuming they canceled the 3 3/4" line because it lost Hasbro money. That couldn't be further from the truth. I believe Hasbro thinks this line will be "hipper" and thus outsell the old line. That doesn't mean Hasbro was losing money.

I am upset with Sigma Six not because it exists, but because it replaced the traditional 3 3/4" line and the 12" line. Hasbro has betrayed the long time 12" collectors and the 3 3/4" collectors by dropping this on them without warning or more detailed explanation. The very limited information we received from Hasbro was basically the old lines may return, or they may not. I personally think, as someone who has collected GI Joe since 1969 when I got my first 12" figure as a kid, I deserve more than that.

Now this last thought of mine is not meant in any way as a slight to anyone. But this is my opinion and I want to share it. I have noticed a few of the Euro Joe fans are far more forgiving with Hasbro, and Devils Due for that matter, than the majority of the American fans. I think the fundamental difference of opinions are culture based. In America if some guy walks up to your wife and grabs her butt, the commonly accepted, and expected response is to punch the guy as hard as you can in the face. That is America. We see things in black and white terms. Either it's right, or it's not. In my admittedly limited travels to Europe, I have noticed Euros are more open minded about things and less quick to anger. They seem to be more accepting of bad news than Americans.

This appears to be the case here. As an American collector I am angry with Hasbro. But from the few Euro collector posts I've read on here, it would appear they have put a happy spin on it. Neither of these diverse opinions are wrong, or right. It's just the way we think. I think it's evident in current world affairs and in the toy department.
    This has nothing, and really nothing to do with difference in culture. This is MY personal opinion. How are you going to involve 'us' being more forgiving in this new sigma six debate??? Jeesh.

And as far as Gi joe not being sold well in Belgium and The Netherlands, everything was sold at extremely low prices to get rid of it:

snow cat, rattler, night attack chopper (which cost 40 euro or 50$ in the beginning) now ALL were sold for 5 euro (7$) in one chain, and 10 euro (13$) or so in another chain.

Fact is it didn't sold well here

From what i gathered the line has not been a big hit.Sides they dont stop production of 3 3/4" and 12" figures who have a tremedous base for nothing you know.Doest work that way.

1 )the sales where poor cause their products where poor,and 2)Hasbro is trying another one of their harebrained schemes with the taller figures to compete with Marvel legends and DC Direct,hasbro are tread hopers nothing more.

I dont understand the big emphases on cartoons,"Masters of the Universe" and "Ninja Turtles" came back with Cartoons and they werent all that great.

If its a CGI cartoon it will be terrible,sides it will no doubt be laughably corny, we will never get a GI JOE cartoon in the vain of Batman the Animated Series or Gargoyles from the 1990's..So who cares!
    Last edited by Crimson Immortal; 02-25-2005 at 02:30 PM.