Anyone excited about the new line?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation Anyone excited about the new line?

I have seen a ton of hate posts to Hasbro with this and that. Lets go the other route with a positive thread.

Hasbro has not abandoned GI Joe, they are trying to revive, yes revive the line. Hasbro deserves credit for an attempt especially with the new cartoon to be released along side the figures. Hasbro is not answering my or our complete list of wishes, however they are answering them. Since I've joined the board I have heard how much we had wished that a new cartoon would come out and how great new figures would be. Poof! wish granted and yet we still complain? The same characters are being made with a new look, scale, and some keeping their old costumes. My father did the same to me, frowning upon the new GI Joe of our generation and we will do the same to the generation after us. However, we are lucky, we get to keep our old Joes. The revamp looks good to me and is a step closer to keeping a dying line, alive.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm not excited by the line, BUT (since we're being positive), I am excited about the cartoon.

I will not buy the new line because every purchase is a vote.

I'm excited about the new line mainly because I have a 10-year old son, one of the main target audience. And HE'S excited about it - he keeps asking me when they're coming out. Oh, he'll still ask for and play with the 3-3/4" line, but he's diggin' Sigma Six.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I am. If you discount what's going on with the 3 3/4" line, the Sigma 6 figures look pretty cool. Heavy Duty looks mean enough to rip someone's arm off and beat them with it - thats definite cool points in my view
    The only easy day was yesterday...

www.joedeclassified.com

The new figures don't look like GI Joe to me, and since the cartoon is going to be based on these character designs, I can't say I'm looking forward to either the figures or the cartoon.

The cartoon will look like the Disney version of Small Soilders
    What's left when honor's gone?
    Death is the best kick of all, why do you think God saved it for last?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad
    I am. If you discount what's going on with the 3 3/4" line, the Sigma 6 figures look pretty cool. Heavy Duty looks mean enough to rip someone's arm off and beat them with it - thats definite cool points in my view
    Unfortunately, he'll have to tear off Storm Shadow's arm over and over again for months until we get a second wave since we are only getting one villain with not much else in scale.

I'm not excited, but interested. Looking forward to the new cartoon and seeing how it fits with anything.

I can't discount what's going on with the 3 3/4" line. "Hiatus" and "furlough" are words that bother me, I've seen a lot of things not come back from hiatus. I do have faith that the small joes will be back at some point though, hopefully better than before.

Not in the least

Oh, I'm still holding out hope that the GI Joe anime will well-written and directed, but I have no love for these toys. If they were going to be 6" and sell at the same price as Marvel Legends, I could at least wish the line success and speculate that this could become the GI Joe for today's kids, just as 12" soldiers and adventurers were GI Joe for kids born between '55 and '70 and 3 3/4" RAH has been GI Joe for kids born between '75 and ???. This, though, is just Hasbro hubris. They don't feel like they're turning enough of a profit on 1:18 figure 2-packs with an MSRP of $7, so they're cancelling that line in favor of the smallest scale they think retailers can sell for $15. Children may be naive, Hasbro, but they're not that naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Deogg
    Absolutely NOT.

......why im i not surprised....