Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

issue 40 was awesome

after reading this issue i am just so freaking pumped
    it was absolutely awesome
    I'll wait till more ppl have read it before i go into detail
    but yeah this was one of the best issues i have read in forever

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yes, it was a great issue. There was even a loss of a longtime G.I. Joe character.

. .
    Last edited by frozen_nd; 03-12-2006 at 09:27 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah Seely really is a mediocre artist at best. All his guys looks the same. Same hair cut (slicked back) and same Kirk Douglas chin.

[possible SPOILERS]

I agree with everyone on some of the points made....

This was one of my favorite issues so far...big things happened, I thought the dropping of the nuke was pretty cool.

I too was wondering about the Baroness...I should probably go back and read 39 (only read through it once last month).

Was Destro the character you are referring to? I'll be kinda mad if that is how he died...nuked while sitting in a cell. I would rather him go out in some firefight or doing something honorable since he always seemed like that sort of character....like dying to save some Joes or something like that.

I also have trouble telling apart the characters sometimes...the Barrel Roll/Mercer was kinda annoying at first, but I see the differences now. I thought Flint looked too young...more like Falcon in 40.

I also wondered who that dude at the end was. Was it Serpentor? Was that him sneaking around next to the snowmobile (forget the name of the vehicle) earlier in the issue...i thought he looked like Snake Eyes there though.

Overall, I liked it though. Looking forward to seeing what is to come.

. .
    Last edited by frozen_nd; 03-12-2006 at 09:02 PM.

Just answering some questions:

Major Bludd was not with the Coils faction...he served under Destro when CC was supposedly "dethroned" but was probably secretly working for CC all along. There is no love lost between Destro & Bludd.

The person jumping out of the Joe Ice Saber is Overlord...see last page of issue 40.

I really don't find the art confusing storywise.

Yeah...is the Barones really dead...if so...then Wraith would be dead too since Destro put him in charge of getting her off Cobra Island.

Seems as if the "long-time" character dying, was Hector Ramirez. The reporter from Joe toon.

Now josh Blaylock...said the Red Shadows has been a hidden part of the Joe-verse that are now coming to light. I don't think he confirmed whether they were from the Action force toy line or whatever. Anybody have any ideas?

I'm kind of intrigued to see how these next few issues pan out.

Mr Rage
    "...I am that dog, I am that monster, I am that post-industrial post modern crypto-fascist politically incorrect male cocka-rocka warpig, praise Jesus..." - Kurtz

hey Rage, thanks for clearing that stuff up. I forgot about Hector dying in the time between reading the comic and posting.

Overlord makes more sense...I just couldn't place where I'd seen the character before. Cool deal.

Quote Originally Posted by YoJoeNCSU
    hey Rage, thanks for clearing that stuff up. I forgot about Hector dying in the time between reading the comic and posting.

Overlord makes more sense...I just couldn't place where I'd seen the character before. Cool deal.

No problem.

Mr Rage
    "...I am that dog, I am that monster, I am that post-industrial post modern crypto-fascist politically incorrect male cocka-rocka warpig, praise Jesus..." - Kurtz

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by frozen_nd
    ***contains SPOILERS***

1) Is the Baroness really dead? (a good storywriter could bring her back to life [excluding a lame DNA-esk Serpentor / Dr. Mindbender style reincarnation])
    Exactly. I can easily see it as DDP killing off Chameleon (remember her?), who was merely posing as Baroness the entire time.

-PJ